Hello,

I currently own the Schecter C-1 plus. Got it used off e-bay for about $200.00 a couple of years ago. Not a bad guitar, but frankly my Gibson Les Paul Standard owns it.

That said, I still have interest in Shecter's. Two guitars I find interesting are the Schecter C-1 Classic and the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR. Does anyone have experience with these guitars? Is there a noticeable quality difference between these two and the C-1 Plus?

Thanks.
the other guitarist in my band has a hellraiser and it is amazing. i would definitely buy one if i had the chance.
What amp do you own? You already have a good guitar and a decent guitar so if your amp is bad then you should upgrade that next.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
you really can't go wrong with schecter
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've got a C-1 classic and it's great, especially if you're into heavy inlays. It plays well, it sounds good, and it looks good. It's pretty cheap for what you get, too.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
I have the C-1 Classic, I rather like it, especially for the amount I paid (I got it heavily discounted brand new because the Amber one happens to be less popular, but it was the color I wanted anyways).

I would try both out before deciding. The Hellraiser and Classic feel relatively similar in terms of size and weight, but they have fairly different pick-ups and the Hellraiser FR has the Floyd Rose bridge and the Classic has a Tune-O-Matic.

There is definitely a noticeable quality difference between a stock C-1 Plus and those two guitars, because the C-1 Plus does have cheaper pick-ups and components. If you put a little money into it, the difference is less noticeable. The C-1 Plus is set-neck I believe, while those two are neck-through, so that will make it always slightly different, even if you make everything else the same.

It may be cheaper to just throw new pick-ups into the C-1 Plus, maybe get it rewired and replace some of the cheaper pieces, like the nut, then buying a new guitar, though, so keep that in mind. Ultimately it depends what you want out of it.
Comparing a Schecter to a Gibson is going to be apples and oranges, for the most part. You weren't specific as to how the LP owns your C-1+, but if you like the feel of your C-1+ and are just disappointed with things like electronics, it'd be a lot cheaper to just do a pickup swap and maybe a pot swap as well (if you decide to stick with passives, since you'll need to swap pots for actives).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
in what way does the Les Paul "own" the Schecter?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Matheau
I have the C-1 Classic, I rather like it, especially for the amount I paid (I got it heavily discounted brand new because the Amber one happens to be less popular, but it was the color I wanted anyways).

You kidding me? The amber is fuckin' sassy!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Steve The Plank
C-1 Classic and Hellraiser are fantastic, but your Gibson is probably still gonna destroy them.

That's funny because my C-1 classic has "owned" any Les Paul I've played.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by DrNick
Comparing a Schecter to a Gibson is going to be apples and oranges, for the most part. You weren't specific as to how the LP owns your C-1+, but if you like the feel of your C-1+ and are just disappointed with things like electronics, it'd be a lot cheaper to just do a pickup swap and maybe a pot swap as well (if you decide to stick with passives, since you'll need to swap pots for actives).

+1
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by omarrodrigez
That's funny because my C-1 classic has "owned" any Les Paul I've played.

Maybe you played one that had been set up ****ty? I've played many Les Pauls that have sucked ass, or been mediocre at best, but the man is saying that he has a Gibson Les Paul Standard.
Standard's ****ing rock. If I had the money, I would take a Gibson LP Standard over a C-1 Classic any day - I prefer the Gibson neck and feel more than a Schecter.
However, that said, Schecters are definitely more value for money than Gibsons. But to me, there is a very noticeable difference between the £500 C-1 Classic, and the £1300 LP Standard. I mean, to be fair, Gibson's are allowed to be better than Schecters if they're charging that much more for them. Its not ALL just a name thing.
personally, I dont think you'll see that much of an improvement between different shecters to justify a new one.

But in all honesty ive only played a few.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I just sold my C-1 Classic:

It was an AMAZING guitar!!! The only reason I sold it was because I though that the color would grow on me, but it didn't. It was a very versatile guitar and I could get just about any sound out of it that I wanted. It felt great in my hands and it played very smoothly.

I am actually looking into buying another one, but this time in Vintage Sunburst. You can't go wrong with this guitar!!!
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
personally, I dont think you'll see that much of an improvement between different shecters to justify a new one.

But in all honesty ive only played a few.

That's like saying you won't see a difference between Squier and an American Strat!
Quote by bjoern_swe
in what way does the Les Paul "own" the Schecter?

I did not mean to stir up trouble with a comparison of my C-1+ to my Les Paul Standard. As I said above, I think Schecters are cool guitars. That is why I am asking about the higher end models. If you think hard about it, the C-1+ is in the same territory as the Les Paul Standard. Like the Gibson, it does not have active pickups, a thru neck, a floyd rose or a coil tap switch (my C-1+ did not come with a coil tap). Both the Gibson and the C-1+ have humbuckers and a mohogany body. I think that puts these two guitars in the same category for comparison.

When I bought my Gibson back in the 90's, I was not considering a Les Paul purchase. I spent well over 2 months trying different guitars at music stores. Most of my time was spent looking at strats, teles and SG's. I did try some other Les Pauls on the way.

They day I found my standard, I was looking to purchase an SG. The store was doing a moving sale, and they were trying to dump inventory. On-hand was an ebony Les Paul Standard for $800.00. After trying their display SG and not being very happy, I picked up the LP. The first chord I played on it was an open G (no amp). That chord rang and chimed with a tone I had not heard on the other guitars I had played. The guitar just dripped tone and resonance. Every chord sparkled.

Having played a Les Paul now for many years, I can tell you that the guitar has a sweet spot from the 2nd fret through roughly the 12th. A B5 power chord on the second fret of this guitar though an EL34 tube amp will deck any guitar sound on the planet. She can hold that position of dominance up through the seventh fret I think, after which she will start to give a little ground. It weighs a ton and is ungainly, but the tradeoff is a chunk of wood that delivers enormous tone. Not the fastest neck, not the easiest to handle, like a cross on your back, but singing with a deep, sweet sexy voice that drips honey. I must warn you though that she will not sing for you if you do not handle her the way she wants.

If guitars were women (from a male perspective, please forgive), the Strat would be a fun Friday night date who would always be ready to party. The Fender loves to go out and will give you a good time. The Les Paul would be a more difficult woman, more demanding, less easy to please. If you were to meet her on her terms though, it could be the relationship of your life.

So - the Les Paul compared to the C-1+. The C-1+ I find to have some good sounds a little higher up in the neck than the Les Paul. The Schecter is not without its strengths. Picking them up one after the other though, I find that the good tones from the Paul are better than the good ones from the Schecter in most places. The Schecter probably wins in frets 10 through 16 from a lead guitar perspective. I think chords sound better on the LP. My original question stands regarding the C-1 Hellraiser FR and the C-1 Classic. Thanks!
Personally, I'd get a C-1 + instead of a C-1 Classic and throw the pickup that I want in it.

The C-1 Hellraiser FR is a completely different beast though, and if it's the type of guitar that you want, then you should upgrade to it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by 03SVT_COBRA
I just sold my C-1 Classic:

It was an AMAZING guitar!!! The only reason I sold it was because I though that the color would grow on me, but it didn't. It was a very versatile guitar and I could get just about any sound out of it that I wanted. It felt great in my hands and it played very smoothly.

I am actually looking into buying another one, but this time in Vintage Sunburst. You can't go wrong with this guitar!!!

You sold your perfectly good guitar because you didn't like the color, dumbass.
Quote by The*Reaper
You sold your perfectly good guitar because you didn't like the color, dumbass.

Yeah, I keep things I like. Why would I keep it if I don't enjoy playing it? Your a true idiot.

Schecter has very good quality control anyways, so there is no reason why I couldn't find the same guitar that feels just as good, but in a different color.
If you're going to buy a Schecter, wait until they start selling their new Hellraiser V's, or buy their new Blackjack ATX. Right now I'm saving up for an ATX.