Hey there!
I made some posts about the Fender Blues Jr, went to a shop to try it out, loved it and actually wanted to buy it but I had some thoughts.

My current amp is a Roland Cube 60 and its pretty nice but it doesn't compare with the Blues Jr. However, despite the Blues Jr being a huge tonal upgrade, would it be an upgrade in loudness aswell? I doubt that 15 watts of tube could be louder than 60 watts of transistor.

I figured the Fender Blues Deluxe (40 watts) would be much louder but sound muddy at bedroom wolumes.

Now my question is: is there an amp which plays as nice as the Blues Jr and delivers the same kind of tone at bedroom volume but is also much louder that the Cube 60?

Thanks in advance!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
Not only does my Blues Jr. get as loud as my old 100w Fender Solid, but, as expected, it's miles above in tone at those levels (and all others).
I am hopeful for you.
Peavey Classic 30. I had a Blues Jr before as well, but 15W and the OD didn't really cut it for me. Sold it, saw a great deal on the Classic 30, went for it, and I really like it. The Blues Deluxe has great cleans, terrible OD though.

Also, 15W is louder than you might think. Be sure you need more, before you buy something something louder.
The Classic 30 is very good yes.

Also I have to say knödel is very nice food!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
ive tried the classic 30. great amp.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Haha yeah knödel rock my plate!
So you guys think 15 watts is ok?
And sorry but does OD mean Overdrive or what are are you talking about here?Just to make things clear hehe!
Ive heard some good things about the classic 30 but does it give me that exact sound?
Thanks to you guys!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

it might not have as great cleans, but the overdrive on classic 30s is great. i do suggest going used though. you can get them for like 300 bucks used.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

The BJ is plenty loud, not super loud, but it's louder than expected from a 15 watt. If you really want the extra wattage then check out the Peavey Classic 30. I tried one out and it was a tough decision between that and BJ, I went with the BJ though just because I love it more (and it's the lighter of the two amps, I needed a light amp)
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by Dr.Evil Knödel
Haha yeah knödel rock my plate!
So you guys think 15 watts is ok?
And sorry but does OD mean Overdrive or what are are you talking about here?Just to make things clear hehe!
Ive heard some good things about the classic 30 but does it give me that exact sound?
Thanks to you guys!

Yes, OD is overdrive.

To me the Classic 30 is very similar to the BJ in some ways. It's very warm sounding, excellent for blues, funk and jazz, and classic rock. But really, the Classic 30's OD is better.
^Yeah, I agree with that. I guess if you have a trusty/good OD pedal to go with a BJ then you're set, but the Classic 30 is better on its own.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Ok thank you guys so much!
I'm going to try out the classic in some time!
Thanks again!

Quote by Yngwi3