Afternoon ladies,

It was the first time in 8 years that Dream Theater has arrived in Australia, for that matter, Adelaide as well. It was absolutely ****ING awesome.

There had to be at least 7 thousand people there, mostly wearing black

I got the backstage meet and greet package and got my; Systematic Chaos CD signed by all, 'Leviathan's Fender Strat guitar signed by all, along with my Mike Portnoy signature sticks.

The prices were outrageous for T-Shirts, hats, jumpers and sweat bands.

The duration of the event was; 3 hours and 30 minutes, after they had said goodbye to us, we all called for an encore. As they came back out everybody loved it, and they played......... PULL ME UNDER!11ONE!!

Enjoyable night by all, great turnout, great food, great people.

All in all.. Dream Theater ROCK!!

Cya's
"Dream Team: Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Grant Collins, John Petrucci, Jimi Hendrex, John Myung, Jordan Rudess & James LaBrie"
im so envious, god dammit...

i want to see me some dream theater!
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Woooooooooow!

3 hours and 30 minutes! that is insane! were you standing up that whole time?

I did shifts at Sydney BDO that didn't last that long hahaha

Gotta see Dream Theater some day
I went for the concert in bangkok, stuff was mad expensive there too. i went with three of my friends and we all went away with something. i got portnoy's stick, and so did one of my friends. the other two got petrucci's picks. it was insane!
I like DT.

But i really hate it when Petrucci and the other geeks start to wank thier instruments like there's no tomorrow
Being in a concert where DT is playing live is in my "Things to do before dying" list
I was there. Amazing. And at G3 with Petrucci and Portnoy in 2006, also amazing.

Did anyone go to Petrucci's clinic, it was amazing. The autographs at the end was a very nice surprise as well.
I have a sydney ticket For 2moro but cant go *crys* its an e ticket first person to PM me can have it i spose

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
JESUS CHRIST
i missed out on dream theater coming to melbourne...
they're playing right now
so bloody pissed
sydney show tomorow night.......hate being broke.

have fun all u people who are goin.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by soulflyV

I soooo wanted to go to the brisbane one, but I can't afford the tickets.

Me too who knows when they will come back.

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
Me too who knows when they will come back.

Possibly never lol.

I'm going to see them tomorrow in Sydney - gotta stand up for the whole time :P OMG my legs are gonna be sore!
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Seeing them Friday in Brisbane. What was their setlist?
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
^They played stuff from every album if i remember correctly.

Quote by Diamond Dave
how high were the outrageous shirt prices?

above $40?

About $45ish
I missed them in Beijing last tuesday!!! I was soooooo depressed that day. I have to see them on their next tour (in like 2 years?).
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
i know some kids who went to adelaide show, they said it was awsome

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
i went last night, at melbourne, twas brilliant
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
I was going to buy tickets for the Sydney show.... Then I saw they were playing at the Hordern Pavillion. One of the bests bands in the world playing at one of the worst venues in the world.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Haha,

Sorry for this ultra-late reply here, I have 'underground' with my school work etc.

Yes the prices for most things were over $50 and I only had $40 all up for food etc.

One bad thing was: That Portnoy only threw out his 3 sticks (single sticks) into the middle, me, Leviathan & the two others were on the other side like the left side of the stage.. but we could see everything.

I got pointed and nodded at by: Portnoy (Pointed at me), LaBrie nodded at me along with: Jordan Rudess.

!
"Dream Team: Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Grant Collins, John Petrucci, Jimi Hendrex, John Myung, Jordan Rudess & James LaBrie"
I saw them with Symphony X in Newport, Wales. Prices were normal then! Except the bar and they turned all the vending machines off
You are only repsonding now.

It was in January man! I went to the Sydney show, and have been to 3 shows since, 4 as of tomorrow.

The Sydney show was pretty damn sweet though, it was agreat setlist and brilliant show. I got normal tickets though, would only pay 350 bucks to meet one band.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I was going to buy tickets for the Sydney show.... Then I saw they were playing at the Hordern Pavillion. One of the bests bands in the world playing at one of the worst venues in the world.

I agree, though there are many worse venues in Sydney man.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
You are only repsonding now.

It was in January man! I went to the Sydney show, and have been to 3 shows since, 4 as of tomorrow.

The Sydney show was pretty damn sweet though, it was agreat setlist and brilliant show. I got normal tickets though, would only pay 350 bucks to meet one band.

Someone's seeing Porcupine Tree.

And it isn't me!

This is the second time in one thread that I miss out!
Quote by DeadMansCurve
^They played stuff from every album if i remember correctly.

About $45ish

outrageous!

wow, this thread is pretty old now. I hope Judas Priest take the same approach to an Australian tour as Dream Theater did, ie they should come to Adelaide.
Quote by soulflyV

Someone's seeing Porcupine Tree.

And it isn't me!

This is the second time in one thread that I miss out!

*pats soulflyV's back*

I am so sorry.

*gets into car and awaits concert start*
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by LadyHellraiser
Ahh Dream Theater

Sure, they're talented musicians, but they act as if music is a form of competition than an actual form of art, and they must come up with the most impossible, technical songs in order to outdo everyone else.

That's what most prog is becoming, just a big competition to see who can use more complicated theory and technicality instead of just letting the music come through.

I respect them, but their stuff puts me to sleep

I like some of Petrucci's solo stuff though...

*flame shield*

That's not at all what their music is about. In fact, it's easily arguable that DT's music is more "musical" than loads of metal bands. Yes, a lot of it is technical, but they've been doing that for a long time and are just staying true to their roots.
I know some people who went to see them a few months back. They said that they were fantastic, but boring at the same time. They didn't miss a note, but at the same time they didn't really add anything. No real energy or zest about them. BUT, I haven't seen them, so I can't say.