I've always wanted a BC Rich, but not one of the crappy ones they put out these days... I've had my eye on NJ series guitars on Ebay, but nothing ever came around. Then I saw this at Guitar Center...

So I bought it - a 2002 NJ series Virgin. It plays great... it's solidly put together and has minimal cosmetic damage. It stays in tune perfectly and the pickups (don't know if they are stock or not) are pretty good.

This is really a backup for my Jackson DK2M... anyways, I've always loved the shape of this guitar, but not the crap build quality of present day BC Riches.... hopefully this 2002 NJ series holds up.

thats pretty cool i saw one like it but it had a twin blade single coil/humbucker in the neck and a string thru bridge
i like this one more
Actually BCR's are actually better these days then that 2002 model Virgin.

Better woods are now used in the NJ series. Plus the money that would have bought that virgin brand new would be the same amount that you could buy a NT model now (Neck Thru)

Older doesant neccesarily mean better.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
i tell you what else looks cool, the savage bc richs theyre only on this site called music farm but they look killer
Sig space available, give me some praise
don't tell too many people it's a virgin, they may start thinkin the same about you
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by Asomodai
Actually BCR's are actually better these days then that 2002 model Virgin.

Better woods are now used in the NJ series. Plus the money that would have bought that virgin brand new would be the same amount that you could buy a NT model now (Neck Thru)

Older doesant neccesarily mean better.

Yea, I picked it up for just under 300 dollars used... I just emailed BC Rich to validate that it is a 2002, and the guy said he remembered the list price back then being around 700 dollars.

Good deal if you ask me... it's not as nice as my Jackson, but it sure is nicer than some of the newer 300-400 dollar BC Riches I played at Guitar Center.