Im a beginner to guitars and one string is missing so i have bought some strings, is it easy to replace the strings?

Also i'm new to the forum so hi
Yes, yes it is.

Unless your guitar has a Floyd Rose bridge, then it's not so easy.

Edit: Sorry, I meant yes, it's easy.
Last edited by C O B H C at Jan 28, 2008,
Quote by C O B H C
Yes, yes it is.

Unless your guitar has a Floyd Rose bridge, then it's not so easy.

Thanks
yes it is but watch out they can turn deadly
 [color="Navy"]_____         _____ _          _ _____   _     [/COLOR] 
[color="Blue"]|  _  |_ _ ___|   __|_|___    _| |  |  |_| |___ [/COLOR] 
[color="RoyalBlue"]|     | | |_ -|__   | | -_|  | . |  |  | . | -_|[/COLOR]
[color="Cyan"]|__|__|___|___|_____|_|___|  |___|_____|___|___|[/COLOR]

that is the sex
Quote by Jonjy2
Serious Answer: No it's not hard. It might take you longer as you are new but you'll get faster. Just take it slowly and find a video on youtube of how to change strings on a guitar or something...

+1
It's easy, but make sure that you know what you're doing
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
You probably will find it tricky. You gradually get used to it though like anybody else.

Here's a video, (Part 1).
The thing that pisses me the most about restringing a guitar is to wind that wire around the tuner.
Once you do it a few times it's no big deal. Just be patient and do it the right way, not the quick and sloppy way.
I always put the thinnest string on last, so my hands are worn out by then.
u need the Higher Education for that.
i usually start with the thickest string, and tune it, than 5 4 3 2 1 ^^
Just remember to put the right strings on the right place.

And don't eat them.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I tend to alternate from high to low until I reach the middle when restringing. 6,1,5,2,4,3 like.

Out of curiosity, how much string do my fellow UGers cut off when restringing? I tend to chop off a fair bit, maybe winding the string round 3 times at the most.
i never cut, i store all my stirngs. i have a bag filled with string, with old, useless strings...
Um , if you need to replace one string you should just replace them all. It can sound really messed up when replacing just one because the new string may not blend well with the others.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
i replace them all ,i just dont throw out my old strings. just for fun. like, after 10 years, my house will be overpopulated with strings... )
Quote by xCobainx
Um , if you need to replace one string you should just replace them all. It can sound really messed up when replacing just one because the new string may not blend well with the others.

+1.

Because it's a new guitar, the stock strings are likely to be poor quality, buy a pack of higher-end ones.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK