Page 1 of 2
seriously i hate gibsons so much
i played on a les paul and thought ehh this is ok if i had the money i guess...
then i looked at the price tag and fecal matter flowed freely from my asshole
all i could think is WHY!? what causes so many people to spend soo much money on
decent-at-best guitars. i have a $200 dean and love it sure there is issues but thats what happens when you buy a $200 guitar but the fact that a $200 guitar can even be compared to a $2300 "custom" guitar is a LOAD
you could pick up a $600 schecter and have it look and play better than any crappy gibson

IDK maybee its something im missing something i just dont get
anybody agree?
From what I've seen, the occasional one is pretty good, but they are still over priced.
I'm more concerned with your inability to control your bowels. We can't have you steaming up the place every time you find something you don't like.

Run a search of "Gibson Players" and you'll likely find out why they're priced so high.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Its not fair to say Gibson is ****ty. The only Gibson's I've played is an older used Les Paul, and my 89 Explorer with emgs. I liked the Les Paul, I love my explorer, I guess its an exception though.
If you get a good one they're great.

You probably just didn't like the painted chunky neck. Theirs a thing called a preference, learn to respect other peoples.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by MOLAAAK
seriously i hate gibsons so much
i played on a les paul and thought ehh this is ok if i had the money i guess...
then i looked at the price tag and fecal matter flowed freely from my asshole
all i could think is WHY!? what causes so many people to spend soo much money on
decent-at-best guitars. i have a $200 dean and love it sure there is issues but thats what happens when you buy a $200 guitar but the fact that a $200 guitar can even be compared to a $2300 "custom" guitar is a LOAD
you could pick up a $600 schecter and have it look and play better than any crappy gibson

IDK maybee its something im missing something i just dont get
anybody agree?

Your biased opinion no-one really cares about much?
Mmmm.... I agree. 90% of a gibson guitar's price is because of the people who played that same model.

10% is just the real price of the guitar.
Quote by Bazilisck311
I'm more concerned with your inability to control your bowels. We can't have you steaming up the place every time you find something you don't like.

I agree. It's all preference.

If you don't think that the difference in playability is worth the 3 grand, don't buy it.
Haha. That simple.

Oh, also, not all guitars are created equal. Not all Gibsons suck because you tried one.
I'm not a fan of Gibson either. I've played les pauls and flying v's and explorers and sg's and none of them ever did anything special for me. Come to think of it, i've never played a $1,000+ guitar that could do anything better than a $700 guitar. I don't know why things like Gibsons or PRS are so expensive or why people buy them other than the fact that someone they admire played them. I'll take my Jackson Rhoads and Dean Vendetta 3 NT anyday over a $3000 les paul.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
I'm not a fan of Gibson either. I've played les pauls and flying v's and explorers and sg's and none of them ever did anything special for me. Come to think of it, i've never played a $1,000+ guitar that could do anything better than a $700 guitar. I don't know why things like Gibsons or PRS are so expensive or why people buy them other than the fact that someone they admire played them. I'll take my Jackson Rhoads and Dean Vendetta 3 NT anyday over a $3000 les paul.

Yeahhh, same to me.

I'll take my ibanez and my laney mini amp any day over a les paul.

I don't like hardtails actually
It's all personal preferrance. Even if I had the money I probably still wouldn't get one because I want to play what's comfortable to me. It just so happens that there are other guitars that I like the feel of better.

I will agree that they are way overpriced for what they are though.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
It's funny how a lot of you are saying it's about preference. I've played a fair amount of Gibsons that lacked sustain, had intonation problems, high action, and just don't play anywhere near as well as my $700 Schecter. There are some good Gibsons out there, but a lot are very poorly made. This guitar tech I know told me he once got in a Gibson Custom Shop 57 Les Paul Goldtop reissue that the guy had ordered online. He said the nut wasn't even cut and the all of the plastic parts were Epiphone parts. I'm not saying all Gibsons are like that, but they really are sub-par nowadays.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Even if I had the money I probably still wouldn't get one... I will agree that they are way overpriced for what they are though.

1- You don't have the money so it doesn't matter what u think bro

2- A 99 cent hamburger is overpriced if u only have a quarter. again doesn't matter what u think
Quote by SenorSmiley
Even if I had the money I probably still wouldn't get one... I will agree that they are way overpriced for what they are though.

1- You don't have the money so it doesn't matter what u think bro

2- A 99 cent hamburger is overpriced if u only have a quarter. again doesn't matter what u think

Look at you Mr. Money pants. If I wanted to, I can get a Gibson. It isn't worth the money.

As far as what you think, you just care if it's got a big name attached. You appearantly can't make up your own mind.

Learn how to quote.

And why are you still here?
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
It's all personal preferrance. Even if I had the money I probably still wouldn't get one because I want to play what's comfortable to me. It just so happens that there are other guitars that I like the feel of better.

Liar. You just said "EVEN if I had the money i PROBABLY would not get 1 .which means
1- you DON'T have the money
2- PROBABLY means thre is a CHANCE U WOULD BUY ONE (u didnt say def not get one or not get one)

so ur opinion doesnt matter.

be gone.

you're jellous
u can suck my balls while I play my gibson
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
only a gibson is good enough. hhahaha

there is alot of different les paul models out there, and maybe the one you tried isn't that popular(les paul special with p90?) or your just not that experienced enough to tell the difference. but a dean over gibson anyday? that is just plain crazy
Quote by SenorSmiley
Liar. You just said "EVEN if I had the money which means you DON'T so ur opinion doesnt matter.

be gone.

you're jellous

And you're the authority of someone elses opinion? Check my gear moron. The amount I've spent I could've easily gotten a Gibson. With tax time coming, I can easily get another.

I don't have the cash NOW. As in, THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

I never said Gibsons were bad (although I've had to wonder about the QC on a few of 'em lately). I simply don't think they're worth the money because some rock star happens to like 'em.

If you like Gibsons so much, hooray for you! Great, glad you found a guitar you like. Go play it.
kckyle - u dont have the $ 4 gibson by ur own admisopn so u justify urcopy which is cool but get a grip.

gibson and fender are awesome 4 rock
Quote by SenorSmiley
kckyle - u dont have the $ 4 gibson by ur own admisopn so u justify urcopy which is cool but get a grip.

gibson and fender are awesome 4 rock

wat?
no i dont understand what you said. by ur own admisopn so u justify urcopy which is cool but get a grip? do u mean by me saying only a gibson is good enough?
Dude, Gibsons have some good guitars and some bad guitars, like any other company out there. Its not very unusual to find one guitar which is extremely good, but another one of the same model, which is really bad.
Quote by Hakael

i meant this guy sorry bro appologies
Don't coax him Kckyle. He might come back.

His only valid reasons for liking anything is the fact that something is either played by <insert band or famous guitar player name here> or because he saw it as part of some awesome stage show.

That and he's probably mad that I rejected his friend request.

I don't suppose you were around to see his MG thread?
Quote by Walternativo
u can suck my balls while I play my gibson

and you can suck my balls when I'm playing a guitar that cost over a grand LESS than your Gibson and plays and sounds just as good. Seriously people, Gibsons are not bad. But you make them sound like they're a gift from the gods. I've played tons of Korean made guitars (with decent pickups that is) that play just as well as any Gibson I've played, and I've played a lot of Gibsons.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Page 1 of 2