Page 1 of 2
some how i convinced my parents to buy me a 75watt line 6 spider for $600 (AUD)
and it wasnt for my birthday or next christmas either. i got em to buy me it cos i got this real **** amp and ive been getting a few band invites nd my dads been tellin me to play with more people so i told him i cant cos i got a **** amp. but i was wondering whats your most expensive piece of gear for free?
So you had a really **** amp .... Then went and bought another one?

On topic, my amp i guess if you count parents paying for it.
A guy once gave me a pick for free.
Last edited by Regression at Jan 28, 2008,
well, my dad bought me a bogner uberschall for my b day.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
I found a pick on the ground! it sucked but I used it! then I found out if you buy stuff you can get what you want... so nothing free after that
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
pick :P
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
umm, my whole rig, except for my RPx400
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
i used to do construction and demoliton, we were re-modeling this house that had been foreclosed on (the guy who bought it was flipping it) he told us to just chuck everything that was in the house (previouse owners had moved and left it a HUGE mess), if we wanted any of it we could keep it. while didgging through the trash in a bedroom i found a hardcase that had a REALLY nice epiphone les paul custom in it. i don't know WHO would move and leave that, but finders keepers!!!!!
I'm so sorry, excuse me for living,
I didn't know, didn't know your a psycho!
-Carolines Spine "Psycho"
My parents bought me 500€ of guitar equipment (like my guitar) And it wasn't christmas or birthday (well, I didn't get a birthday present that year...)
I received an original Mark Tremonti Wah from him himself. It was one he had used on their most recent Alter Bridge tour. He even signed it for me. He said it didn't sound like his others so he didn't want to use it. I took it home and it works and sounds just fine for me!
all of my gear has beenbought for me only costed about 250 quid ps,my space key isn't workingverywell

edit: that was bday and christmases over the last 2 years

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by scarsonbroadway
i love that amp!!! how much did it cost him?

$2500 used, but it was customized with the tan Shiva grille. He bought it for me after I filmed a commercial in Texas and played some shows around the country. I'm not spoiled though, I thank him for it all the time . It's a freaking beautiful amp, and I just saved up enough money to get a NICE cabinet, not my peavy one. It's nice but it has the heavy metal look instead of the tan vintage look.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
my mentor once gave me:5 picks,a pack of strings and a instrument cable
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
skid row ampeg bass amp 8x10 from tour from rudy sarzo
carvin dc125 from doug marks

worked at GC Hollywood for 15 years knew lots of stars so i did good deals and was rewarded with a lot of tickets and some times gear
1973 Fender super Reverb - 3 hours fixing a computer.

Ibanez SD 9 Sonic Distortion pedal - drummer loaned a guy some money, never got paid back and kept it, he didn't need it, he's a drummer, so he gave it to me.

1970's Wurlitzer Electronic piano - my father had it in the shed out back for years and gave it to me.

1945-47 Electromuse lap steel - my best friend collects antiques and was showing me some of her and her fathers accumulated trinkets, I spotted a lap steel lying on top of a stack of boxes, she gave it to me.

Tascam Portastudio 414 multitrack - friend gave it to me for a few hours helping assemble a metal building.

Not all exactly free, but a few hours of my time was certainly worth the Super Reverb, which sells for $1200 and up in good condition, $1500 or so in the condition mine is in, it was kept in a closet with a cover on it for over 20 years.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
My Blackheart amp was a christmas present, but that's it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
My PRS and Mesa/Boogie were both given to me. So that's about $3,400 worth of stuff.
Hi, I'm Peter
My 5150... a relative died, and I inherited like 1500$ so I ordered the amp right away
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
-My C-1 Classic was a gift
-My first guitar (a Fernandez acoustic) I inherited from my brother

That's about $700 worth
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
. . umm, my DS-1 was technically free as I didn't pay for it. The MG my dad was suckered into buying (£300) was his money (sold to get my Laney about a year ago, he only just found out, whoops )
a 1964 harmony rocket h59 3 pickup model. i inherited it
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by SideshowRaven24
well, my dad bought me a bogner uberschall for my b day.

Your dad is a generous, generous man lol.
I got an Orange Rocker 30 for my birthday, totally unexpected, that was great.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
I got a practice bass amp (Peavey 126) for free. That itself isn't the neat thing though. I got it when I got my bass, so it was part of the deal (normal price $70, discounted to $50, then dealt with them till I got it for free). Got it home, decided I wanted a little more and brought the amp back to trade for another one. They gave me the full $70 price off another amp, which they also discounted another $20 off. So I paid $60 for a $150 amp, new.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I was given a Yamaha SJ 220 by my uncle... dunno how much it's worth, maybe someone can tell me
Nothing for free although I did manage to get my EMG81 for £35 (including professional fitting) and an MXR Noise Gate for £60 (£100 quidd cheaper), both brand new muhahaha.
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
I mean I get **** for christmas and stuff every now and then, but thats about it. I bought my guitar and my amp myself which in all honesty makes me love my guitar that much more, haha
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I bought a pair of Seymour Duncan pickups online. The guy on ebay that I bought it from couldn't spell, so I ended up being the only person bidding on the item (I search for mis-spelled items all the time...). I got two for less than the price of one.

Sold the first one, and kept the second one. I actually made a profit AND got a free pickup.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Page 1 of 2