I took my guitar to a local here (in Huntington) and he `setup` my guitar by changing strings and adjusting my truss. Needless to say, it still sucks and I need someone who knows what they're doing.

Anybody know anyone in the LI area who doesn't suck?

-Avinash
Do you need woodworking done, or just a place for a good setup? I got a pretty nice setup from a place called the Music Zoo on Northern Boulevard in Great Neck. It's practically right next to the Queens/Nassau border. They did truss rod adjustment, bridge adjustment (although they charge extra for FRs), new strings, pickup adjustment, and fretboard cleaning/body polishing. They use strings of your choice, and I think they even use some FastFret on your strings as well - they felt pretty damn slick.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Do you need woodworking done, or just a place for a good setup? I got a pretty nice setup from a place called the Music Zoo on Northern Boulevard in Great Neck. It's practically right next to the Queens/Nassau border. They did truss rod adjustment, bridge adjustment (although they charge extra for FRs), new strings, pickup adjustment, and fretboard cleaning/body polishing. They use strings of your choice, and I think they even use some FastFret on your strings as well - they felt pretty damn slick.

I buy all my things from them. Fantastic service, though too far from Huntington.