ok so when my Flextone II didnt give me enough gain to make my epi lp custom get the distorted sound i wanted, people suggested me getting the danelectro fish n chips EQ stompbox over the boss ds-1 pedal.

my question is, will this stomp let me tweak my EQ a bit more to get gain i couldnt get with just my amp and will it perhaps cut out that bit of 'digital' sound my Flextone gives?

i would really like to 'fine-tune' my palmmutes to become more glassy/hi-gainish, & get good sound to cover lots of modern day rock bands.

also how, can i use the fish n chips when i use the line 6 floorboard to my amp? would i just put it through my insturment cable?

im a noob when it comes to 'bypassing/looping' and such

thanks!
you cant get more gain from an EQ pedal.

it would go between your guitar and amp though.

try an OD. however the line6 spiders dont take pedals well, imma not sure about the flextones tho
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you cant get more gain from an EQ pedal.

it would go between your guitar and amp though.

try an OD. however the line6 spiders dont take pedals well, imma not sure about the flextones tho

Yes you can, most of them have a level slider, but even if they don't boosting frequencies will result in an increase. However, I'm not convinced that this is the problem - the EQ pedal will give more control over the tone, a lot of the time that's the problem people actually have when they think they need more gain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
oh so the stomp box MIGHT actually help me get the more desired hi-gain tone i wish for?

because the flextone II's hi-gain amp model, isnt, well..so HI-GAIN haha
Quote by jcp42877
oh so the stomp box MIGHT actually help me get the more desired hi-gain tone i wish for?

because the flextone II's hi-gain amp model, isnt, well..so HI-GAIN haha
A little confusion going on. The EQ pedal will give you gain, but what you want is distortion not gain. However the term gain is frequently used to describe a distorting amp. You can't normally just add some gain (distortion) to other distortion and get a good sound. It sounds to me like you need a distortion pedal suited to the sound you want and then run into the clean channel of your amp. How well your amp handles a distortion pedal is a consideration. You may not get the quality and type of tone you want with that amp.

It's worth adding that it's possible that if you boost the volume of the guitar signal with an EQ the hi-gain model of the amp may deliver the sound you want. It's really hard to say until you try it.
Last edited by fly135 at Jan 28, 2008,