You know, theres some occasions that you dont want or just cant use your guitar amplifier either because its too big or too loud, so i ended up wanting a micro amp for these occasions.
Are these: http://www.smokeyamps.com/Smokey_Pages/smokey.html
any good?
or do you have any other that is also good or better (please know that i dont have too much money and live in Brazil, but i can ask my uncle to bring me something from a store in there)
thanks in advance
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u
you could build a ruby for yourself (check the building forum for that) or get a pignose cuz its cool

cant comment on those though

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Try a microcube? They run on batteries, I tried a smokey amp before and it sounded horrible
my friend has one of those, they're pretty sweet

not bad volume-wise and the volume is the gain...
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.

the marshall ms4 seems to have fairly good reviews, but to be honest amps this small and cheap do not give any real quality output, they are at best toys... if you really want a micro amp offering a good sound, running off batteries, consider a roland micro cube..

It will cost a bit more than a mini stack, but at least you will be able to hear yourself...!
i have the marshall ms-4, the tone's horrible, the distortion is just..i dunno horrible again? lol but hey what can you expect from a 50 dollar amp..you cant expect a awesome sounding amp for 50 or 60 bucks...if you just want to use it with headphones...the Vox amplug is your best bet..never used it but im sure its better than the other cheapos..or else if you got the funds go for the microcube
the thing is ... i already have a microcube.
let me explain, the cube 30x that i have has a "power squeezer" function, that makes it go to 3 watt operating power. thus, its still a 10 inch speaker amp, what i want is something small, and cheap but thanks anyway
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u

ok, you seem to have the best micro amp out there, the rest are just toys, failing that get yourself something like a strat acoustic or similar, does away with an amp, and gives you as near as damn it a fair action for an acoustic, ...

not the best choice for eletro acoustic, but not bad on a budget..
dude you have the microcube and then you talk about the cube 30x??? ...im confused, if you actually have the and im stressing on 'the' microcube which is 2watts...with a 5 inch speaker..crap loads of effects for a tiny amp..and yeah its small so it can be carried around..its sounds good..its not loud...its got a headphone port..i dont see why you'd want another micro amp when you've got the argueably best one
let me explain it (again) the cube 30x works as a icro cube when i push the power squeezer button, but i dont want to carry a 10 inch speaker amp around
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u
I see what you did there.

I'd suggest the Vox AmPlug then, I've been looking into the possibility of one myself recently as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by thebl@de
i have the marshall ms-4, the tone's horrible, the distortion is just..i dunno horrible again? lol but hey what can you expect from a 50 dollar amp..you cant expect a awesome sounding amp for 50 or 60 bucks...if you just want to use it with headphones...the Vox amplug is your best bet..never used it but im sure its better than the other cheapos..or else if you got the funds go for the microcube

I'll second that. I still got mine. Been trying to get rid of it for ages (i want my $60 back). Cleans don't even sound like clean and distortion just sounds like noise.

I'd recommend the microcube also. I used to have one of those too. While the tone ain't gonna beat the cube 15 or anything in that class, it's not bad for battery op.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
ahh ohh now i get it...you dont wana buy the same kinda thing again..check out the Vox da5..its 5 watts and its pretty small too but it costs more than the microcube...but honestly dude, its best if you go to a store and try out the ms4, ms2 if want, the smokey amp and the vox amplug..and anything else tiny, cos small amps dont sound good so i doubt your gonna get any good reviews on micro amps for less than 100 bucks here...hence try it yourself..if you've got the money check out the Vox da5
well thanks for the help, but as i have stated, i live in brazil, and cant find much of that stuff over here, and whan i do, its immensely overpriced (like a marshall ms-2 for R$150,00 and that is out of my price range) and if i ask my uncle to import it for me, i can pay like R$60,00 on a smokey for example.
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u
Ive tried quite a few mini amps including the Fender mini tonemaster and have found that the Vox amPlug units or a DIY build like a Ruby amp are the two good ones.

The ruby is a simple build and has great Clean and OD tones but not much distortion so youll need an OD pedal to get that.

http://runoffgroove.com/ruby.html
in that case..take a look at the vox amplug, it probably costs the same as the smokey amp