okay dudes im putting a band together an my drummer is new to the drums what do yall reccomend for him to do? i know a lil to help him out but not enough, an he gets frustrated at practice cause its hard to come up with new drum beats? what do i tell him? advice is needed. thanks.
ps
mostly metal music is what we write
me an my guitarest have both played 6 years seperate
"Blade, ready to die?" "I was born ready mother F*****"
hey bro ive been playin for 5 years, i learned off ov utube and and other such types.

and no offense if everyone in your band has experience playing more than he does consider getting another drummer until he gets good at it. how long has he been playin?
-lando
Quote by 11Vegeta11
hey bro ive been playin for 5 years, i learned off ov utube and and other such types.

and no offense if everyone in your band has experience playing more than he does consider getting another drummer until he gets good at it. how long has he been playin?

hahaha 3 months, but dont get me wrong hes really good. hes getting the double bass pedal down. but i get frustrated easy cause hes like i cant do this an i tell him yes you can cause i mean its metal music. its based around fast drum beats.
what are some good pointers to tell him sites maybe or youtube is really good for that?
Get him to learn some covers on drums. That introduces him to new techniques and such. Also, MAKE him work with a metronome. Nothing worse than a drummer who can't keep a steady tempo. (I've been working on that lately myself)

And make him learn double bass just for funzies xD
Quote by Jonjy2
Get him to learn some covers on drums. That introduces him to new techniques and such. Also, MAKE him work with a metronome. Nothing worse than a drummer who can't keep a steady tempo. (I've been working on that lately myself)

And make him learn double bass just for funzies xD

ok cool, i will tell him. what covers do you recommend? an is there a good place for drum tabs or what ever?
Quote by Travis Tricky
Listen to some tunes with the ear phones in and play along, it's how I learned the essentials

this is how my old drummer learned. he'd throw on his headphones and play along with led zep and rush and he RIPPED!!!! but he's gotta wanna play drums y'know. i say let him start out just having fun, nothing sucks more than starting out trying to do something that requires ridiculous skills only to be awful at it and then wanna quit because its too hard. i recommend he learn drums from many different bands, songs and genres. if he just learns metal drumming it will get kinda stagnant, my drummer learned jazz, rock, metal, country the whole works and would throw it all together over my hard rock/metal riffs and we had a VERY unique sound and not the bad unique either