Page 1 of 2
Quote by omarrodrigez

i want a gibson,
i play bluesy warm sounding music no metal led zeppelin, bb king, slash
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
i want a gibson,

Yeah that Schecter does Blues and Jazz amazingly well. It's also great for classic rock and really anything. It'll also play better than any LP in the price range.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
That's not a Les Paul. Therefore, that does not answer the gentleman's question.
I personally do not like the look of the mahogany Les Paul. If you have seen one in person they look like an unfinished product. I like the Classic.
Quote by silly6-string
i want a gibson,

so? the schecter can easily handle that stuff
He is not asking "what kind of Schecter do you like?". He is not interested in Schecters
Quote by danohat
He is not asking "what kind of Schecter do you like?". He is not interested in Schecters

A Schecter would be a much better value for his money, I was just trying to help.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
BFG All the way
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
i'd say go with a BFG, but only if it's a black one(the other colours loook like crap) and the BFG is alot like a collector guitar, so in 20 years it'll probably be worth a lot
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Only Les Paul I'd ever buy...

我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I say save a little more, or buy a used LP Studio.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

I'd say save a lot more and buy a Standard or classic, as far as Gibson's go, you need to go that far before you really get a great axe. If not, then get an Elitist Epiphone, same price as those guitars you've listed, but FAR better!.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
+1 to that, standards are the way to go

tho to get the best you really need a custom shop one, damn expensive tho, standards are bad enough
BFG's may look a little weird, but the one I played a few days ago was one of the smoothest guitars I've ever played go for a Bfg
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Yeah, go with an Epi Elitist. They are great guitars, and are superior to the lower end Gibsons.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I also say go save for a Standard or Classic. THAT, you will not regret at all. The studios are nice, I'd get one, but I got a Classic instead and its really nice, and I think it sounds better than a Studio, but thats just me.
get an sg... i have a les paul and an sg... i like the sg better because its lighter the lp starts to hurt your back if you stand too long. Don't worry the sg is also good for what your going to play... i have/reccomned this one...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-Classic-Electric-Guitar-with-P90-Pickups?sku=517127

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
Originally Posted by SenorSmiley
REPORTED:

LEarn the lessons and rules of the forums bro:

I QUOTE:

2.) The 'which guitar' problem... While we are happy to offer advice when people are buying guitars we cannot decide for you. Ask specific questions on specific guitars and give details on what music you like and what features you think you will require from your guitar. A fairly comprehensive list of guitars recommended by UG users can be found in the ?Ultimate Which Guitar Thread? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...&threadid=42965 this list is being added to all of the time.

THREAD CLOSED

Rules
Quote by SenorSmiley
Originally Posted by SenorSmiley
REPORTED:

LEarn the lessons and rules of the forums bro:

I QUOTE:

2.) The 'which guitar' problem... While we are happy to offer advice when people are buying guitars we cannot decide for you. Ask specific questions on specific guitars and give details on what music you like and what features you think you will require from your guitar. A fairly comprehensive list of guitars recommended by UG users can be found in the ?Ultimate Which Guitar Thread? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...&threadid=42965 this list is being added to all of the time.

THREAD CLOSED

Rules

Stfu. Seriously. No one will ever like you. End it now.

On Topic: Hmm. Don't settle for anything lower in cost than a standard, or as an alternative definitely consider the Epiphone Elitist.
Last edited by AAAAAAAAAARGH at Jan 28, 2008,
Doesn't help that the link is dead either...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway Electric Guitar

^^I'd buy one of those P-90's sounds amazing for blues, jazz and classic rock!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by omarrodrigez
A Schecter would be a much better value for his money, I was just trying to help.

You really weren't. The guy was asking about LP's, and as a rule of thumb you only suggest a different type or brand of guitar if they're really making a huge mistake in making one, and Les Paul's are far from huge mistakes in this case.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
To answer the TS's question.... I would pick the SG with the P-90's
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Out of the guitars listed, I would go with the BFG. IMO its got a unique look and a pretty good sound.

However, in that price range, I'd do the same thing many others have suggested. Get an Epiphone Elitist.

Those guitars a fan'figgin'tastic for the price.
My Gear

Epiphone Dot Semi Hollow
Breedlove Passport D20
Fender Jaguar HH Special
VOX Valvetronix AD30VT
i was gunna get the lespaul studio for 1200.00 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030

now to fig out what color

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Jan 28, 2008,
Honestly in that price range you will get a MUCH better Epiphone than a Gibson. You're really just paying for the name. However of you want a Gibby go for it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Honestly in that price range you will get a MUCH better Epiphone than a Gibson. You're really just paying for the name. However of you want a Gibby go for it.

well i just sent 2 epiphones back to MF cause they sucked and where defective. I always wanted a gibson

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
I'd get an epiphone elitist
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Standard-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=518401
It's going to be much better than any gibson in that price range but if I were you I would save another 400 or 500 and try to find a good deal on a gibson standard les paul as long as it's pre 2006 (non chambered) you get the real deal. That's what I'm going to start saving up for after I get my dean from hell It'll probably take me like 5 months but It'll be worth it.
Get an epi, les paul custom!!!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by silly6-string
well i just sent 2 epiphones back to MF cause they sucked and where defective. I always wanted a gibson
That's your problem for buying online then.

There is a golden rule with Epiphones:

Epiphones can be amazing guitars... so long as you go to a store (possibly several stores), and try out a bunch (sometimes as many as 15 or so) before you settle on one. Epiphone's quality control is their biggest flaw, and only a small minority of Epis are actually worth buying - but then when you do find one of those, they're incredible (well, with a few upgrades of course...).

Buying an Epiphone online is simply not a viable option, ever. With only about 10% of Epis being the 'rare good ones', buying online, where you can't see the guitar before you buy it, plus the fact many online stores are still shipping out old stock from before Epiphone upgraded all of their guitars on the production line, is just like pissing on a big wad of cash then setting fire to it.

All that said, of the LP's there... none of them.

Either save up for a Standard or Classic (the bare minimum Gibson you should ever buy; everything else is a waste of money), or look into an SG instead.
Quote by bokuho
That's your problem for buying online then.

There is a golden rule with Epiphones:

Epiphones can be amazing guitars... so long as you go to a store (possibly several stores), and try out a bunch (sometimes as many as 15 or so) before you settle on one. Epiphone's quality control is their biggest flaw, and only a small minority of Epis are actually worth buying - but then when you do find one of those, they're incredible (well, with a few upgrades of course...).

Buying an Epiphone online is simply not a viable option, ever. With only about 10% of Epis being the 'rare good ones', buying online, where you can't see the guitar before you buy it, plus the fact many online stores are still shipping out old stock from before Epiphone upgraded all of their guitars on the production line, is just like pissing on a big wad of cash then setting fire to it.

All that said, of the LP's there... none of them.

Either save up for a Standard or Classic (the bare minimum Gibson you should ever buy; everything else is a waste of money), or look into an SG instead.

He's correct. Go try out several Epiphones. They are hit and miss. I went through 7 boxes before I finally landed on mine.
I would look into an used Epiphone Elitist instead of a low end Gibson.

Or one of the many copies like Tokai.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Page 1 of 2