My spider line 6 15W has started going buggy; the gain stopped working, so now they all sound like the "Insane" distortion mode... And I really don't want to have to mess with it, would rather buy another one. Anyways, I am trying to decide between...
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-DA5-5w-1x6-5-Battery-Powered-Guitar-Combo-Amp-482065-i1168989.gc
and
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-481169-i1175936.gc
Advantages/disadvantages of both?

Edit: Don't know if this matters, but I play Classic Rock, Metal and Blues Rock most of the time.
Last edited by BoredGuitarist7 at Jan 28, 2008,
i cant be arsed to check out the websites, but the Roland Cube models are quite versatile. i've no idea about the Vox
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
The micro cube is awesome it sounds great and is loud as **** for it's size, but I hear the vox da5 is just as good in that area plus has more features...
The micro cube is awesome and cheap. Id recommend one to anyone wanting a practice amp for home use
Quote by piefaceFX
The micro cube is awesome and cheap. Id recommend one to anyone wanting a practice amp for home use

Definitely. Definitely. Definitely.

My friend has a microcube, and I have a Cube 30X. They're both great, and provide awesome sound for their price.
I think you'll feel like you made a good purchase with either of the two. Personally id choose the vox, mainly just because I've played a lot of vox's, and not so many cubes.

But both are some of the best SS practice amps that you can get in that price range
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
What's the distorted tone on the Cubes like? I need a new amp and I'm looking for a good tone for Arch Enemy and Nevermore style music and the Cubes fit exactly what I need in terms of volume and price.
Quote by BoredGuitarist7
Do you know how good the effects are?

Roland effects are high quality, the only problem is you can't tweet the speed of the flange and chorus and that kinda ****, other than that they are great...but you know you should try both amps out to see which one you like more...
I highly suggest the Microcube. It's a great little practice amp.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.