Advantages: Get away from this ****hole of a planet.

Disadvantages: None.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Advantages: The more research being put into it the more everyone can benefit, whether it's for space exploration or not.

Disadvantages: Moonlanding conspiracists.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Advantage: Lots of it is hugely beneficial, from the new knowledge and from technological developments.

Disadvantage: Stupidly expensive, and we're never going to be able to find a new planet to inhabit because the distances are so great.

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
We will eventually have to abandon our planet once our sun dies...

Humanity won't be around in 5 billion years. Maybe some other species will try to, but they'll still probably fail.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Jan 28, 2008,
Quote by SmarterChild
Advantage: Lots of it is hugely beneficial, from the new knowledge and from technological developments.

Disadvantage: Stupidly expensive, and we're never going to be able to find a new planet to inhabit because the distances are so great.

+1, though in the future the second diadvantage could be in doubt, however unlikely.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

if the sun dies in a 180 million years we'll be dead. our race, the human race, will be all but alive. so i guess when that happens the whole universe will collapse on itself and start over . thats my theory really

Advantages: you get the coolest place to work

disadvantage: no fapping...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Advantages: We may find some distant plantes where we all of us could become a jedi.

Disadvantages: Who cares? We could be jedis!
Quote by lexaah

How awesome would fapping in zero-gravity be? Although the floating semen would be a disadvantage.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

that's a long ways away, people will probably be able to jump between star systems, with moon shoes, before that happens...asuming we haven't already gone extinct by that time...
Quote by The Novice
Advantages: We may find some distant plantes where we all of us could become a jedi.

Disadvantages: Who cares? We could be jedis!

+100
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you know, i've got a funny feeling humans will be extinct a long time before then...
Quote by SmarterChild
How awesome would fapping in zero-gravity be? Although the floating semen would be a disadvantage.

i think you'd be having a hard time it would be epic though
Quote by Dillona

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster

About the LHC

advantages: advances in technology such as transistors and microprocessors, all the other things we needed to make modeling amps. Having computers that don't take a warehouse to house.
Disadvantages: every tax dollar that the govt. has pissed away on space based telescopes that are screwed up before they even leave the planet, mars explorers that some jackass fails to program properly and it crashes into mars. Two catastrophic failures of space shuttles, as well as the failures of the rockets in their day.
Disadvantages: We have so many problems here on earth, why not solve them first?
sup?
Advantage: Furthering the human race by expanding our domain and increasing our knowledge of the universe.

Disadvantage: Some of the rockets kinda look like penises.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
Quote by SkyValley
Advantage: Furthering the human race by expanding our domain and increasing our knowledge of the universe.

Disadvantage: Some of the rockets kinda look like penises.

Use the correct word. Phallic.
Advantages : its ****ing space.
Disadvantages : same.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by lexaah
if the sun dies in a 180 million years we'll be dead. our race, the human race, will be all but alive. so i guess when that happens the whole universe will collapse on itself and start over . thats my theory really

The whole universe wont collapse because our sun dies out, although it will happen eventually. In some hundred/thousand billion years.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

Optimistic
What makes you think humanity will survive even 0.0001% (that is 5,000 years) of the time until the expanding sun swallows earth?

I am exploring space right now...with my invasion fleet. Anybody wants to join me in a game of sev balance mod? ;D
Last edited by Firzen_Zero at Feb 7, 2008,
advantages... less humans on this planet screwing it up.
disadvantages.... not enough space ships for above.
dam that asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs 65 000 000 years ago . due to the devistation caused world wide, stupid little monkeys came to rule the planet, and we their decendants, (i belive in darwin ) are just as stupid, want to colonise other planets for what ..... to polute.... to war.... to strip all non replacables such as oil coal gas .......i could go on but why people know changes have to be done to halt enviromental damage be do to little to stop it............
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

A) the human race will almost certainly be extinct before that happens.

B) It wont happen due to the fact that our galaxy will have collided with the andromeda galaxy at least 2 billion years before the sun's due to explode, which will see earth and our solar system destroyed in a galaxy wide catacylsm, or at the very least cause us to be flung into the far reaches of space where we will quickly become a giant ball of ice.
Advantages: Its perfect population control, more people settling more planets puts less strain on others.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Advantages: Making contact with alien life forms (cool!)

Disadvantages: The alien life forms being the protoss and they annihilate your planet because of the zerg infestation.
hue
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

By that time there probably won't be any life on the planet anyway, and humans certainly will have evolved into a new species long before then.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death

thats like taking cover from the rain under one tree, thinking that once this tree gets we t you can always go to the next tree. by the time this tree is wet the other trees will be wet as well.

cookie to whoever gets the reference
Quote by Aramis
By that time there probably won't be any life on the planet anyway, and humans certainly will have evolved into a new species long before then.

I don't think we need to evolve as we would try and adapt to the changes before we had time to evolve. I think it's more likely that our species will die out before that.
Advantages - it's cool in itself, might be able to manipulate the climate of neighboring planets in order to live there (just like global warming is being induced here, it could be done elsewhere), possibility of taking advatage of new resources, alleviating overpopulation

disadvantages: it's in the far off future because it is so incredibly expensive today. Also, now is not the time for space exploration. It's billions of tax dollars wasted in a world where 1 billion is wasted away like 1 dollar. Why develop it if it's only science for science's sake and isn't helping anyone? And even the most hospitable places in the solar system besides Earth are cold/incredibly hot wastelands.
advantages: none at the present since we can't send manned missions very far with the **** space flight tech we currently have

disadvantages: essentially pisses away hundreds of tons of fossil fuel on every launch for what has been (so far) pretty much jack-**** benefit to anybody.