what would be the best way to paint a pickguard? I am going to paint my Squier a different colour and I want the pickguard to be painted the same colour.
just buy a new one its not worth the money...
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Kryoln fusion spray paint will adhere to a pickguard, I'd recomend just buying a new one but if you want to paint it get some fusion
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
It's not that easy to find a Pink Pickguard. I may end up not painting it, but if I do, will it need a clear coat?
Sand it down a bit with 200, spray, and no, I don't think you need a clear coat.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by ValoRhoads
Kryoln fusion spray paint will adhere to a pickguard, I'd recomend just buying a new one but if you want to paint it get some fusion

+1.

At my hardware store, which is like 5 min away, Krylon Fusion costs $3.50-ish... Whoever said it's not worth the money, I seriously disagree. And on top of it, for a hard to find color it's definetly worth it.
Sand it with 350 grit (just enough to de-shine the surface) and spray the paint on it (I use Krylon; doesn't have to be Fusion). If you want it a little bit more shiny, spray on a thin coat of Krylon lacquer. Gives factory-like results.

That's how I do it anyway...
Awesome, I got the paint and I'm probably going to pain it sometime this week, I'll let you know how it goes.