okay so i have a dd-3 delay
i've had it for a while
but i can't get it to get a good delay without it getting jumbled up with the sound
basically it sounds like a big woosh of sound a lot
hard to cut it down
anyone know how to work it well?
also if not a different pedal for delay
any suggestions?
thanks
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
put it in the effects loop of your amp if you have one. make sure it is after your distortion, cause having the delay first can make things muddy.
how do you work a effects loop
i have one but i don't know how to work it
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I was having alot of trouble making anything good come out of my DD-6 at first as well.
I I was to guess, I'd say the problem isn't not having it in the effects loop, it's probably in what you're playing.

Try putting the feedback around 10-11 o'clock, the delay around 12-1 o clock and set it to 800ms then just slowly pick through a scale, it'll probably sound alot better then what you're getting now.

What was happening to me (and I'm guessing to you as well) was I was simply playing too many notes with the delay set too slow so it turned into a giant jumbled mess. When i tried to speed the delay up it just sounded like a chorus or echo and not the delay I was going for. Then I watched one of my friends playing on the same setting and realized I was just putting way too many notes in there for it to sound good.

You'll need to kind of get a feel for how many notes you can play in a given space without it sounding messy on your own, but those settings I gave you should be a decent start.

Hope this helps you a bit.
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...
Depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to fatten up your sound, then make it so you get one or two repeats on the beat with a relatively low feedback. Only way to test this is just to play a single note and then mute it immediately. If you want to make it sound eerie and dream-like, you'd set the delay time to be small raise the feedback, and put more repeats in there, which gives it a sort of smearing away effect as it trails off slowly.

Do all this without distortion so you can get a better idea how it works. You can also try running it in front of your amp like Muse and Radiohead have been known to do. It will sound very different from running it in the FX loop. It is a question of whether you want to repeat the distorted sound, or distort the repeated sound.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.