I am not that good,but i am going to get a new guitar. Should I get a really good one like a gibson that will last, or something not so good like a knock off brand? I dont have alot of cash
well considering you're not that good and don't have alot of cash... i say epiphone

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
well if you don't have a lot of cash, you won't be able to afford a Gibson.
Epiphones can be just as good if you get lucky
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
hey, you'll maybe have zo wait more than 3 minutes kid.

well, i'r recomend to get a cheap guitar to learn the basics. i wouldn'g go for a 2'000$ gibson. i'd maybe give like half of it for a god ibanez or if you prefer the gibson, you better get a good epiphone. they are pretty good sounding and are a lot cheaper than the gibsons.
Gibson is awesome.

U notice the same folks that would never buy one even if they had the money (YA RIGHT) will get on there nees to be first to get the melody maker when it came out even though it was a POS cuz it said Gibson for $300.

U cant afford it so look at Epi or Agile. I would reccomend Epi cuz it holds value better.
Quote by MitchGuitar12
i would say an ephiphone or a squire if your not that good

a fender standard strat (mexi strat) aren't that expensive though... he could also get one of them

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
Agile anyone?

Look up the Agile AL-2000 on rondomusic.com. It's an awesome guitar for the price.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i would suggest agile or maybe a samick. samicks are basically gibson knockoffs. i have an AV-3 and i love it. i think its better than my friends Epi LP Studio.
REPORTED:

LEarn the lessons and rules of the forums bro:

I QUOTE:

2.) The 'which guitar' problem... While we are happy to offer advice when people are buying guitars we cannot decide for you. Ask specific questions on specific guitars and give details on what music you like and what features you think you will require from your guitar. A fairly comprehensive list of guitars recommended by UG users can be found in the ?Ultimate Which Guitar Thread? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42965 this list is being added to all of the time.

THREAD CLOSED

Rules
when you say not much cash.... how much is not much..? everybody has different budgets, and do you want a guitar that gives rock / blues / jazz,, what style do you want, sg, les paul, double cut, there are so many and its your choice what you are comfortable with.. do you have an amp, is this in the budget too... ?
Quote by metdethslaythrx
i would suggest agile or maybe a samick. samicks are basically gibson knockoffs. i have an AV-3 and i love it. i think its better than my friends Epi LP Studio.

Samick is actually the most underrated guitar brand I can think of. They make some high quality guitars but nobody seems to use them. My step bro bought a used Samick LP copy and it played wonderfully.
SenorSmiley...

tried the link dude and get this.....

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster
Quote by SenorSmiley
REPORTED:

LEarn the lessons and rules of the forums bro:

I QUOTE:

2.) The 'which guitar' problem... While we are happy to offer advice when people are buying guitars we cannot decide for you. Ask specific questions on specific guitars and give details on what music you like and what features you think you will require from your guitar. A fairly comprehensive list of guitars recommended by UG users can be found in the ?Ultimate Which Guitar Thread? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42965 this list is being added to all of the time.

THREAD CLOSED

Rules

Can you leave, please? It's obvious that nobody wants you here. I don't even understand what rule he broke. He asked advice on what guitar to buy, which is perfectly acceptable according to the rule that you posted.
mafropetee.... ovation 1778t, a great guitar indeed, bought mine on a trip to the us at the guitar centre in towson MD,, oh great memories and great people...

and good point,, seems unfriendly for a friendly question...
Quote by redmapj
mafropetee.... ovation 1778t, a great guitar indeed, bought mine on a trip to the us at the guitar centre in towson MD,, oh great memories and great people...

and good point,, seems unfriendly for a friendly question...

Oh yes, I absolutely love it. I got a great deal on it at GC for $800 with a free hardshell. Best accoustic I've ever played. Makes all my mates jealous.

senorsmiley is a lying troll who needs to be banned. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Just look at the thread with a title that is something like "Les Paul through Marshall MG sound clip" or something. He made up lie after lie and after it was painfully obvious to everyone that he was lying, he just made up more lies and began attacking other members.
Why is that one so ugly compared to most of them Maybe a bad picture.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
schecter. definitely look up any schecter in ur range and play it, b/c they are really good.

also, if ur more into metal, jackson. jackson makes quality guitars
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Try an Epiphone LP Custom or a Schecter c-1 Classic
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*