I hear everyone talking about how Buckethead uses his killswitch to get that crazy phaser-ish sound on Jordan...however, where do they install this killswitch, and can it be used for many song? And is it expensive?
if you have a les paul prefebly with four knowbs 2 vols and two tones, and set up one pickup volume to 10 and the other to 0 or less and whilst playing rappidly keep swithcing the pick up selevtor and you get that kill switch sound baby!
You can install it anywhere you want on your guitar and with only basic soldering knowledge you can make one yourself for <$10. Rage Against the Machine also uses a killswitch on some songs.
Quote by Geartrigger
You can install it anywhere you want on your guitar and with only basic soldering knowledge you can make one yourself for <$10. Rage Against the Machine also uses a killswitch on some songs.

RATM just do what the first poster described. Morello just switches between the two pickups.
First, it is not a particularity of Buckethead's guitar at all.

Second, you've got to do it by yourself, or a guitar worker can do it for you.

Third, it is unecessary in my own opinion, and not original at all just by the fact it have been popularized by a song that appears in a goddamn video game.

Fourth, installing a killswitch to impress you friends is not what guitar philosophy is all about, and I can tell this is the reason why you want it, right?

But don't give a **** about my opinion, I'm a guitar player. Your friends will like it, and so should you.
Quote by Slicendice

stop using UG as a search engine.

I guarantee that google will be 10x more helpfull and loving.
Quote by Heavil
First, it is not a particularity of Buckethead's guitar at all.

Second, you've got to do it by yourself, or a guitar worker can do it for you.

Third, it is unecessary in my own opinion, and not original at all just by the fact it have been popularized by a song that appears in a goddamn video game.

Fourth, installing a killswitch to impress you friends is not what guitar philosophy is all about, and I can tell this is the reason why you want it, right?

But don't give a **** about my opinion, I'm a guitar player. Your friends will like it, and so should you.

A. Proofreading that sentence might help.

B. Had been done WAY before GH3. Tom Morello? Buckethead?

C. You can tell that how, exactly? Please be quiet. He wants a killswitch, if you're not going to be helpful, piss off.