Well the other day I was browsing the Sound Control stores website and noticed this mesa amp, the f-30 combo, had been reduced from £1,100 to £799 and I was intrigued. I went to my local sound control but the f-30 was out of stock but they mentioned they could easily order one in, so yeah they did. It should arrive at the shop next weekend. I was just wondering have any of you guys had experience with this amp? Is it any good? I've heard mesa amps are supposed to be really good quality, plus would this amp be any good for metal? Thanks
It's a decent amp, but you brits are getting destroyed by the overseas pricing. It's probably not worth it even at £799- it certainly was way overpriced at 1100. Let us know what you think when it comes in, but I think you'll find that it's just an ok amp at that price.
It is made for metal though, so I suppose if your only other options for high gain are peavey and marshall it will be a new flavor for you.
YES!
It's very versatile, and has a really nice tone. It's like a mini MKIV from what I've heard, but I havn't had the chance to try out the MarkIV

edit: ^yeah, we get raped by Mesa's prices over here.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
YES!
It's very versatile, and has a really nice tone. It's like a mini MKIV from what I've heard, but I havn't had the chance to try out the MarkIV

edit: ^yeah, we get raped by Mesa's prices over here.

The F series is like the Mark IV's without a GEQ and lead channel.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
if you get one you're getting shafted by the price for the sake of import costs....it's ridiculous....by the way Guitar Guitar sell them £100 cheaper than that at £699.........for £799 you could get a flagship Marshall JVM combo that will do so much more