I am currently in the accidental possession of both an MXR 6 band EQ and a Boss GE-7 (7 band). A guy has agreed to buy the MXR off my for 50 bucks, which is exactly what I paid for it. I just want to make sure I'm making the right call in selling the MXR and keeping the boss. From the reviews I've read it seems like they're both very good pedals. Anyone have any input as to which I should sell?
I've heard the MXR is better.

What you could do is sell both and get the 10-band MXR... just a thought
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
BOSS EQ < Danelectro EQ

BOSS EQ + Danelectro EQ < MXR 10 Band EQ

so as you can see, from this simple chart, which one is the best, but the fish n chips works just as good as the BOSS one, get that if your on budget, otherwise get the 10 Band EQ
Boss < MXR in general haha
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Quote by AdRev
Boss < MXR in general haha

Maxon makes a few products better than MXR, and Electro Harmonnix makes some thigns better than MXR, and MXR makes some things better than those two, you have to play with them to find the ones I am talking about, and some are more for distortion and other brands have same effects made better for clean so you have to test them out too
Sell both and get the MXR 10 band and be happy.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Wow, I'm pretty surprised with the reaction here.. although I don't know that much about pedals. So far the Boss has seemed more useful due to its level control. I'm using it mostly for live stuff. Also I noticed the MXR buzzing a bit more when the treble was high (but then again each band can be raised/lowered by a greater amount than the Boss).

So I should keep the MXR then, or upgrade to the 10 band MXR?
Upgrade to the 10 band, the 10 band has a level control
My Setup
Fender Stratocaster Highway One HSS
Marshall Lead 12 Combo 5005
Quote by ChiliPepper093
Upgrade to the 10 band, the 10 band has a level control

+1

I have a GE7 and its awesome but id take the MXR over it anyday.

My MXR noise gate is brilliant.
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Every EQ is going to buzz when your boosting frequencies.

Out of those 2, keep the MXR. Or sell both and get the MXR 10 band.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Every EQ is going to buzz when your boosting frequencies.

Out of those 2, keep the MXR. Or sell both and get the MXR 10 band.

get the 10 Band, more usefull
Well I'm now trying to return the Boss to the store and use the credit to get the MXR 10 band. They only carry the Kerry King model.. is there a huge (if any) difference between this model and the normal one? I really don't give a crap if it's Kerry King or not, I just want the best one. I do play some metal but also classic, alt rock, blues, (want to get into) jazz, etc.
I'm currently trying to decide between the MXR 10 band and the DBX 215. The DBX looks much better on paper, but I can't seem to find anyone who tried it.
WTLTL 2011
get the mxr 10 band eq, i have the KFK version, the 2nd output is pretty fun to play around with just to plug in another amp to get a stereo set up MXR FOR LIFE!!!!!!
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz