slash? do u think he a good guitarist, an ok guitarist or a horrible guitarist?
Obviously he has talent but he is SO overrated.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
uhgh...what a pointless thread. seriously it'll just turn into a flame war between slash fans and zakk wylde fans
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I think he's good, But not in the same leage as like, van halen or hendrix, I think people make the assumption: amazing band = amazing guitarist, And it's not necceceraly true.
Slash is awesome IMO. For some1 who uses very few scales, he sure can create some great solos and songs. He doesnt go all-out on speed, either, its tastefully fast with a good amount of bluesy stuff worked in. His tone is also very, very distinctive, maybe the most distinctive in all of rock music.
This topic has been discussed endlessly. In fact, it's safe to assume there is already another discussion going on about this - run a forum search.

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
one of the best ****ing guitarists ever to live, hes a completely different style guitarist to some1 like Michael Angelo Batio or Yngwie Malmsteen who are shredders, but insane riffs and awesome solos definately put him up there as one of the best
i like the bluesy simplicity-type style he has, but Thug is right, overrated.

i gotta give him credit though, he did bring us out of those nasty hair metal days >:^P
I won't say he doesn't have talent, but like OthugSd said, he is WAY too overrated. I mean holy hell, he isn't god, ya know?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
He's just an okay guitarist. Nothing special, overrated imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I think Slash is a really talented guitarist. Hes my favourite in fact. He has a great sense of rhythm and melody. I think the only reason he is overrated is not because of he playing skill, but because of his image. Lets face it, when you think of a guitarist, you think of a rock n' roll loving, drinking/drugs party guy with a top hat and a Les Paul. That is the caricature that Slash has set out, and the North Americas at least have adopted that caricature of what they think a guitarist is. Look at Guns N' Roses, they were big, loud, and crazy. They became popular not just because of their music, but because they also became America's idea of what a rock band should look/sound like. They kind of embraced American culture and became it. I dunno what that means, but I am running in circles here. Thats just my rant/opinion.
Be cool.
Slash is great! Awesome tone, great licks, cool hat. What's not to like?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by shredhead22
uhgh...what a pointless thread. seriously it'll just turn into a flame war between slash fans and zakk wylde fans

generally these are the same people
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by thedude051
I think Slash is a really talented guitarist. Hes my favourite in fact. He has a great sense of rhythm and melody. I think the only reason he is overrated is not because of he playing skill, but because of his image. Lets face it, when you think of a guitarist, you think of a rock n' roll loving, drinking/drugs party guy with a top hat and a Les Paul. That is the caricature that Slash has set out, and the North Americas at least have adopted that caricature of what they think a guitarist is. Look at Guns N' Roses, they were big, loud, and crazy. They became popular not just because of their music, but because they also became America's idea of what a rock band should look/sound like. They kind of embraced American culture and became it. I dunno what that means, but I am running in circles here. Thats just my rant/opinion.

All true.

Plus all of these tone-deaf, no talent dip****s who play Guitar Hero LOVE him because he's in that game, and he played Sweet Child of Mine, the only classic rock song they know.
Seriously wtf, why even make a nooby thread like this.
Oh Jan 08 should have gessed
Manchester United
He's a great guitarist, I read his book, but DAMN, people praise him and say he's the best ever and it is really annoying. Slash is NOT the best ever, and it's annoying when the only person people know that was in GNR was Slash... Slash fanboys are annoying. :|