To have my internet supplied by a different ISP to the rest of the household.

So e.g. My parents use Tiscali on the home computer and I use Blue yonder on my own computer from a different modem and connection?
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
No, because they would both run through the same phone line.

You could get mobile internet with 3 or something, but they aren't that good and would rape all your money for 18 months.
Are they both dialup? If so you can but only one would be able to access at a time
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've only got one at the moment, and it's not dialup. So basically i'd have to switch ISP's completely?

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
You could have a 2nd phone line installed, but you'd have to pay the rent on it in addition to your ISP charges
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
I've only got one at the moment, and it's not dialup. So basically i'd have to switch ISP's completely?

Yes. No ISP in the UK will install broadband if you already have an account with someone else.

And getting a new phone line won't help as they base their information by postcode not phone line.
Quote by freedoms_stain
You could have a 2nd phone line installed, but you'd have to pay the rent on it in addition to your ISP charges

Hmm really depends how much it costs, i'm only going to be using it for 6 months and then i'm off to uni.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yes. No ISP in the UK will install broadband if you already have an account with someone else.

And getting a new phone line won't help as they base their information by postcode not phone line.

Ah. Bugger. Well thank you for your help. Looks like I have to change ISP.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Find one that does price matching and play them

I work for virgin mobile/virgin media, lol. I know too much about this rubbish.