Page 1 of 2
Seeing as Zelda has it's own thread, its only fair that Half-Life should have its own thread. Let's avoid the mods shutting this down by not saying anything that might be a put down to others and accept those who play Half-Life on the consoles as one of us.

So tell us where you are, conspiracy theories, discuss the story, speculate, talk about other Valve games, ect.

Just started Ep 2 and I'm fighting alongside the Vortigaunt. It's pretty badass.
I wanna know wtf the g-man is all about.

I wanna know more about portal, was the facility Chell blew up the borealis at some sort of dock?

where the **** is Adrian Shepard?
I beat Episode 2 yesterday.

Also, people should mark for spoilers in case some people haven't beaten it yet.

I can't effin wait for episode 3.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I have played through the whole series:
Half life
Opposing force
Blue shift (bit average, but not bad)
Half life 2
Episode 1
Episode 2

If there was less of a gap between the release of Ep1 and Ep2, then I would like them more. But because they are so short and because of the delay, I would much rather they were stuck together in one game.
HL1 is the most epic though, I must have played through that at least 6+ times- HL2 got a bit boring after the 3rd play through. Although, the gravity gun and the uber gravity gun is the greatest invention in the history of fps imo.

Also played through the other valve games too:

Gunman chronicals (awesome customised weapons)
Portal

Online:
Counter-strike (1.6, source,etc)
Team fortress (meh-ish)
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Jan 28, 2008,
I beat Half life 2 the other day. Started episode one. I'm stuck at Urban flight. the part where u have to fight the gun ship on the roof of that building. it keeps killin me. Orange Box ftw!
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by Blackbullet
Half life
Opposing force
Half life 2
Episode 1
Episode 2

If there was less of a gap between the release of Ep1 and Ep2, then I would like them more. But because they are so short and because of the delay, I would much rather they were stuck together in one game.
HL1 is the most epic though, I must have played through that at least 6 times- HL2 got a bit boring after the 3rd play through. Although, the gravity gun and the uber gravity gun is the greatest invention in the history of fps imo.

Gunman chronicals
Team fortress (meh-ish)
Portal

Yeah, I've played the entire series too.

But I HATE the uber gravity gun. It made the entire end map far far FAR too easy. Not challenging whatsoever on any difficulty, I was glas when it went back to normal.

EDIT: portal is actually part of the half-life series
Quote by freedoms_stain
Yeah, I've played the entire series too.

But I HATE the uber gravity gun. It made the entire end map far far FAR too easy. Not challenging whatsoever on any difficulty, I was glas when it went back to normal.

I know what you mean, but dummy-throwing the combine around gave me endless joy.
add me

Last edited by Blackbullet at Jan 28, 2008,
just bought HL2 for the xbox, I'm lovin it so far except the old xbox is such a beast it keeps freezing so I have to save almost constantly

Played through HL1 and Opposing Force, two of my favorite games EVER for the PC. Didn't get into blue shift to finish it though, I might have to go back to that.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

when I got into that room where you start moving really slow and all your weapons fly away I was sooooo pissed... I literally yelled "NOOOO!!! MY PRECIOUSES!!!!" then saw the uber gravity gun and was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" then I got it and it was all bad ass and I was like "FUUUUCK YAAA!!" then I beat the combines ass....
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
I cant get into half life 2, seems like a boring corridor shooter so far.

Portal is excellent though.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I wanna know more about portal, was the facility Chell blew up the borealis at some sort of dock?

The Portal game, I believe, only explains Aperture Science and what the portal gun is about. It takes place sometime in the late 80's or early 90's. Half-Life 2 takes place about fifteen to twenty years after the Black Mesa incident so the Borealis has been lost since around the time of the events in Portal. The Borealis disappearing was its own event, completely independent of Chell IMO.
reported

only gaming thread EVEr is the palce u should write
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
Hey everyone, I was gonna buy Garry's Mod, but my friend said there was an update that screwed all the servers over... can you still play online, or is it just one player now?
Quote by Toast1337
reported

only gaming thread EVEr is the palce u should write

Not seen the Zelda thread then no?
Whats that on your nose?

Not really played any of the since the first one.
Not had a good enough specced comp.
Might get back into it one day.
Quote by Oli_88
Not seen the Zelda thread then no?
Whats that on your nose?

Not really played any of the since the first one.
Not had a good enough specced comp.
Might get back into it one day.

The gravity gun radically changes the gameplay. Its genius.
Anyone done the gnome achievement for Ep 2? It was nuts....
Quote by GoobaSun
so i just pulled my shirt up and there was brown stuff looking like boogers coming out of my belly button, I picked a piece and took a whiff...it smells like shitttttttttt! wtf is happening to me?

www.myspace.com/heroesbefore
Gary's mod pwns j00.

Sreiousy, best game in the world.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Half Life 2 is great, and so is Half Life 1. I played both of them pretty recently and loved them. I was a little disapointed there was no true sniper rifle in the game though. My favorite weapon in both games was probably the revolver. It was pimpin.

Also, whats up with the G-Man, who do you think he works for?

That Steam program is a stupid piece of **** though and I hope they die for forcing us to use it.
Quote by The Charm

That Steam program is a stupid piece of **** though and I hope they die for forcing us to use it.

Yeah, I hate it too- what happens if your internet it down?
What kind of SINGLE PLAYER game doesnt let you play without being connected to the internet.

Did anyone else play the Gunman Chronicals? I thought that game was pretty badass, they way you could customise each weapon was fantastic.
Anyone who played online will appreciate the two words: shotgun jump
add me

Quote by Blackbullet
What kind of SINGLE PLAYER game doesnt let you play without being connected to the internet.

Did anyone else play the Gunman Chronicals? I thought that game was pretty badass, they way you could customise each weapon was fantastic.
Anyone who played online will appreciate the two words: shotgun jump

I dunno about now, but you used to be able to play in offline mode if you had the disc
Quote by freedoms_stain
I dunno about now, but you used to be able to play in offline mode if you had the disc

He was referring to Steam users. The disc still works.
Quote by Blackbullet

The one where you look in the damn options menu and select 'allow offline mode' the first time you get steam. Tards.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by John W
The one where you look in the damn options menu and select 'allow offline mode' the first time you get steam. Tards.

You still have to go online to register the game, and you have to update the client and everything, which is damn near impossible with dial up...
Um I got HL Collection for PC and it runs on steam and whenever I pick up the long-jump module or an energizer battery pack my game ends and it says error: sound vol.=150. Have any idea what this is?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
So....Ravenholm nearly made me **** my pants while playing through it. Mainly Fast Zombies. I didn't see them coming.
Quote by The Charm
You still have to go online to register the game, and you have to update the client and everything, which is damn near impossible with dial up...

1st time I played HL2 all I had was dial-up, was fine for me. It's a nuisance, but I think Valve have the right to attempt to protect their intellectual property. Plus steam ensures your games always have the most up-to-date patches and **** like that.

Plus, if you download games direct from steam, no discs required (although I like discs)
Quote by The Charm

Not by much... you'd have pretty much had to do that if you had it on a disc. BTW, use the disc and it goes to about 95% straight away.

And no one actually has dial up anymore.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
Quote by InvaderTSN
So....Ravenholm nearly made me **** my pants while playing through it. Mainly Fast Zombies. I didn't see them coming.

That is indeed one of the highlights of the game. the panic as endless hoardes of zombies come at you while you're desperately trying to find some radiators to gravity gun them with. ( I loved using radiators as a weapon)
Quote by Blackbullet
Half life
Opposing force
Half life 2
Episode 1
Episode 2

HL1 is the most epic though, I must have played through that at least 6+ times- HL2 got a bit boring after the 3rd play through. Although, the gravity gun and the uber gravity gun is the greatest invention in the history of fps imo.

Gunman chronicals (awesome customised weapons)
Portal

Online:
Team fortress (meh-ish)

Opposing Forces and Blue Shift are mods, not official parts of the series.

CS and TF ARE NOT MADE BY VALVE. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLE.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by freedoms_stain
That is indeed one of the highlights of the game. the panic as endless hoardes of zombies come at you while you're desperately trying to find some radiators to gravity gun them with. ( I loved using radiators as a weapon)

I usually ran out of ammo, so I beat the hell out of regular and fast zombies with the crowbar. Made me feel like a beast lol.
Quote by John W
Not by much... you'd have pretty much had to do that if you had it on a disc. BTW, use the disc and it goes to about 95% straight away.

And no one actually has dial up anymore.

I have Dial up. And it took forever to get all my games updated. I also couldn't even update the client for the longest time because Steam and thier ****ty service kept making the update thing go down then up then down and up again and it would never finish.
Quote by InvaderTSN
I usually ran out of ammo, so I beat the hell out of regular and fast zombies with the crowbar. Made me feel like a beast lol.

Did you miss the point of the circular saws and bricks lying about everywhere? That level was gravity gun heaven man! using normal weapons shouldn't be allowed (except for blowing up explosive barrels and fast/poison zombies) in ravenholm.
Quote by Jabman
Opposing Forces and Blue Shift are mods, not official parts of the series.

CS and TF ARE NOT MADE BY VALVE. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS PEOPLE.

Opposing Force and Blue Shift are accepted as Half-Life canon though.
Quote by The Charm
I have Dial up. And it took forever to get all my games updated. I also couldn't even update the client for the longest time because Steam and thier ****ty service kept making the update thing go down then up then down and up again and it would never finish.

I find steams update service excellent. I played ep2 the other day and it updated at 200kb/s, which is double what I get on most servers (my ISP is lame)
Quote by HelpTravesty
Opposing Force and Blue Shift are accepted as Half-Life canon though.

they're also 'official expansion sets' not mods (I have a opposing force poster on the wall) they were developed by Gearbox.

Also, there's strong rumour that Adrian Shephard from opposing force will reappear in ep3 or a related game.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Did you miss the point of the circular saws and bricks lying about everywhere? That level was gravity gun heaven man! using normal weapons shouldn't be allowed (except for blowing up explosive barrels and fast/poison zombies) in ravenholm.

Exactly. On the XBox version, going through Ravenholm with only the G-Gun is worth about 10-20 achievement points.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Also, there's strong rumour that Adrian Shephard from opposing force will reappear in ep3 or a related game.

Shoot, I just jizzed my pants...
Quote by The Charm

What? I get a CONSTANT max download speed (1000/s) with steam. It doesn't limit your download speed, unlike having to use Fileplanet or some crap before Steam came along.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

*masturbates*
Page 1 of 2