is there any way to get an avenged sevenfold tone from my gear:
Epiphone les paul custom
laney mxd
ehx metal muff
ehx big muff
??????????????????????????????
i think they use a bogner ubshell (i thinkg), so if you can replicate that gj, also check the ultimate settings thread...
It shouldn't be difficult, since their tone sounds like MIDI. Just crank the gain and remove all the mids.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
the rythm parts you hear in the album is a mix of 3 amps:
Mesa Rectifier
Bogner Uberschall
Marshall JCM2000

for the lead I'm not sure

I don't know you amp, perhaps you should upgrade. A rectifier will do it

other than that, just mess with settings. i don't think the big muff will get you there. maybe the metal muff or your amp, if it has a good distortion
i can get a decent high-gain sound out of my cube60 (a7x/nickelback-alike). yeah it's far from the tone you want. it's not a tube amp either. but i enjoy it
there's no reason not to get a good sound out of your amp (i assume it's better than the cube). A boost pedal in front of the amp does wonders too
Synyster tone is almost your classic metal settings but the Mids are about 5-6 for a gruntier, more agressive bite to the tone.

EQ your amp flat, set your Metal Muff to Gain about 7 , Bass 7, Mids 5-6 , Treble 7 then tweak the amp further to your liking.