http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/

Ex marshall guys left a few years ago and finally released these amps earlier on.

Basicly discribed as boutique amps minus the price. So it should be interesting.

Check em out. and someone play one and review it! lol!
Quote by Roc8995
Boutique amps minus the price my ass.

+1. They all say that. The Artisan ones look nice, shame I can't hear them, which, to be honest, defeats the object.
Quote by Roc8995
Boutique amps minus the price my ass.

boutique amp: £2000

blackstar price: £800

ergo, your ass costs £1200 (or $2400 if you prefer). I think it's over-priced.

EDIT: seriously though, agreed. they do all say that. though the soundclips of that new "hand-wired" vox heritage amp have sounded good.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bet they designed the MG and got fired...

On a more serious note, What exactly makes these amps boutique?
Quote by sum_ugly_man

Avt and mode 4 actually!
Quote by Dave_Mc
boutique amp: £2000

blackstar price: £800

ergo, your ass costs £1200 (or $2400 if you prefer). I think it's over-priced.

EDIT: seriously though, agreed. they do all say that. though the soundclips of that new "hand-wired" vox heritage amp have sounded good.

My ass is on sale for $2200, I'll take paypal or money order. Shipping is extra outside the US And don't say it's overpriced until you see the pics, it's worth it I promise.

Anyway, what's that 800 for? If it's the 18-watt, I'm not really convinced. I'm just sick of every company that claims to be boutique without the price that invariably turns out to be 'discount-boutique' price but built poorly, or reasonably priced but with peavey-like quality (sorry, it's true.) I've resigned myself to more or less getting what I pay for one way or the other.
Quote by Roc8995
My ass is on sale for $2200, I'll take paypal or money order. Shipping is extra outside the US And don't say it's overpriced until you see the pics, it's worth it I promise.

what condition?
Quote by False_God
what condition?

Slightly used, but recently checked out by a tech, a doctor, and that one girl in my electronics seminar. Freshly washed, comes with a denim gigbag by Levi's. Pics on request, but only if you're 18.
Quote by Roc8995

Anyway, what's that 800 for? If it's the 18-watt, I'm not really convinced. I'm just sick of every company that claims to be boutique without the price that invariably turns out to be 'discount-boutique' price but built poorly, or reasonably priced but with peavey-like quality (sorry, it's true.) I've resigned myself to more or less getting what I pay for one way or the other.

yeah, basically (about the amps, not your ass)...

i think the 15-watter was £800... i mean that's not all that cheap. not that long ago you could get a cornford hurricane (which is boutique) for £1000 (though that dealer has stopped stocking them, and they're £1200 everywhere else).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

i think the 15-watter was £800... i mean that's not all that cheap.

Christ thats steep..
Quote by Roc8995
Slightly used, but recently checked out by a tech, a doctor, and that one girl in my electronics seminar. Freshly washed, comes with a denim gigbag by Levi's. Pics on request, but only if you're 18.

I lol'd. Thats the funniest thing I have seen outside of the pit in months! You Roc are my hero. lol
Might be cheaper than a boutique amp but I still think its ridiculous for a company to come out of nowhere and charge that much for an amp. They should at least start off small and get well established before they start jacking up their prices to that of already well established companies (Mesa, Orange, Vox, Marshall)
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, basically (about the amps, not your ass)...

i think the 15-watter was £800... i mean that's not all that cheap.

That sounds like pretty regular boutique-type price to me.
a shop near me stocks them. maybe i'll try them out next time i'm down there. maybe not.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by sum_ugly_man

On a more serious note, What exactly makes these amps boutique?

Price, tone, quality of components, build structure, build quality, whether they're handwired, etc. Basically you're paying for the labour and, er, 'craftsmenship'.
i got one of their pedals. its overdrive and cost me £99. thats quite steep for a pedal but not for a valve based od. and it rules. beats my modded ds-1 and my modded bd-2. hands down but it was twice the price...
Thank you please.
The pedals look pretty boring, to be honest . Nothing especially fresh, and all of them are dist, OD or some kind of boost. Bit boring. Sure they sound quite nice, though..
If they make a nice reverb that sounds as good as the Room Mate, but costs only £100, I will buy their stuff.

Looks pretty nice, but I haven't heard any clips or had a chance to use any of the gear, so I can't really say much...

Edit: Forget that last bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5S4tS_EOA

I can't speak French, but it sounds alright.

Re-edit: Just in case Don wants to see.

Tags: judge fredd blackstar ht dual boite noire

Last edited by Denthúl at Jan 29, 2008,
Quote by Denthúl
If they make a nice reverb that sounds as good as the Room Mate, but costs only £100, I will buy their stuff.

Looks pretty nice, but I haven't heard any clips or had a chance to use any of the gear, so I can't really say much...

Edit: Forget that last bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5S4tS_EOA

I can't speak French, but it sounds alright.

Re-edit: Just in case Don wants to see.

Tags: judge fredd blackstar ht dual boite noire

Anyway, sounds a bit nasal to me. Lacking in something...Little bit cold to my ears..Especially the first setting he had it on.
Quote by Don_Humpador
The pedals look pretty boring, to be honest . Nothing especially fresh, and all of them are dist, OD or some kind of boost. Bit boring. Sure they sound quite nice, though..

theres nothing boring about the boost pedal i have. maybe it was what was being played through it when you heard it?

mine sound fantastic. lovely drive and nice crunch. i have the HT-DRIVE by the way.
Thank you please.
Quote by mr_hankey
That sounds like pretty regular boutique-type price to me.

yeah.

just checked guitarist magazine... prices are £799 and £1199 for the 15 and 30 watters respectively. if you ask me, those are near-enough boutique prices.

Granted, US-made boutique amps may be more expensive. But the US isn't the only place which makes kick-ass boutique amps. cornell, cornford, wolfetone etc all make boutique amps for not very much more money, indeed less if you're willing to take less wattage.

people need to realise (and the guitar magazines are complicit in the deception) that boutique doesn't just mean the price. It means the whole ethos of the construction. If i rebadged a valve junior and whacked a £2000 price tag on it, if I paid enough for advertising space in said mag, I wouldn't be surprised if the magazine would be willing to call it boutique...

Don't get me wrong, those blackstar amps might be badass. But they seem expensive for what they are.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
(can't edit or my computer will crash)

and to call them "boutique at non-boutique prices" is verging on deception if you ask me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah.

just checked guitarist magazine... prices are £799 and £1199 for the 15 and 30 watters respectively. if you ask me, those are near-enough boutique prices.

Granted, US-made boutique amps may be more expensive. But the US isn't the only place which makes kick-ass boutique amps. cornell, cornford, wolfetone etc all make boutique amps for not very much more money, indeed less if you're willing to take less wattage.

people need to realise (and the guitar magazines are complicit in the deception) that boutique doesn't just mean the price. It means the whole ethos of the construction. If i rebadged a valve junior and whacked a £2000 price tag on it, if I paid enough for advertising space in said mag, I wouldn't be surprised if the magazine would be willing to call it boutique...

Don't get me wrong, those blackstar amps might be badass. But they seem expensive for what they are.

Way ahead of you dave, way ahead of you.
(i'm guessing you're talking about the rebadged epiphone? if so...)

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have no idea what you meant then.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This sucks...I thought I would like their stuff..... BUT....too british voiced for me.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Holy bumpage, Batman!

I wasn't aware of these amps when this thread was started back in the 60's, but when I tried them out at the New York Amp Show, I was very impressed.

Too British? What the hell does that mean?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.