Hi all,

Nice site.

I've jsut bought a Zakk Bullseye Epi & think it's great. I've got a question tho if you can help.

Recently i've managed to start doing pinch harmonics, well most of the time. Find it more difficult on the bottom E & A strings.

They sound cool when i have the pickup switch down (lead pickup) but when i have the pickup switch in the middle (both pickups) i can't get them. I get more like a dull pluck??

I like the meatier sound in this position but it's no good if i can't do pinches. I tend to pinch just behind the neck pickup if this is right.

any help would be great thanks
The neck pickup doesn't pick up squealey pinch harmonics as well. Try doing pinch harmonics that are closer to the neck; they'll have a lower pitch and less of a squeal quality but they'll ring out much better.
Use alot of gain, and It helps to do it on the low E string when you are in Drop D tuning.
Quote by sXe170
Use alot of gain, and It helps to do it on the low E string when you are in Drop D tuning.

+1, You'll notice the lower the string is tuned, the easier it is to get pinch harmonics off of it.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Thanks for the advice & quick responses all.

Does that mean that i should be able to get the pinch harmonics regardless of which pickup is selected, or both?

Cheers guys
You can get them regardless of the pickup, using a different pickup just changes which ones are audible and which are dull thuds.
Quote by wanderingguitar
You can get them regardless of the pickup, using a different pickup just changes which ones are audible and which are dull thuds.

That's exactly what i got with both pickups selected, basically a dull thud!! Which was a bit of a shock when i was expecting a squeal as i get when i only have the bridge pickup selected.

So if i keep practising & trying a different spot i'll be able to do them with both pickups selected?

Sorry if i'm going on, just a beginner
Quote by keane16
That's exactly what i got with both pickups selected, basically a dull thud!! Which was a bit of a shock when i was expecting a squeal as i get when i only have the bridge pickup selected.

So if i keep practising & trying a different spot i'll be able to do them with both pickups selected?

Sorry if i'm going on, just a beginner

Yup, exactly. Experiment in all the pickup positions and find the harmonics that give good tones.