Quote by ozoneslayer
well gibson is a gibson

*sighs* there we go again.

Every company makes good guitars and bad guitars. Its very usual to find two guitars by the same manufacturer and the same model, but one of them will be better than the other

This is the second time I had to say that today
O0o0o try before you buy, especially at that price, i was young and naieve once, but i tryed a gibson and hated it, id rather and epi any day
----
Quote by silly6-string
im going to GC to try it out

Havent you done things the wrong way round?
give it to me!

Congratulations though, enjoy it.
I wish i had a les paul
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I was gonna get that, but I bought an epiphone instead. 1, because the gibson looked butt ugly and the epiphone looked good, they played the same, but the gibson sounded better. I knew that the gibson was the same thing but with much better pickups, so then I changed the pickups for a few hundred bucks. In the end I saved a couple hundred bucks.
Quote by silly6-string
im going to GC to try it out

after it's bought and paid for?
wow, you really didn't think that through.

i will never buy a guitar without playing it first. ever.

i have a studio and don't mind it. i've never heard a studio sound better though. and i have heard and player ****tier ones.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by sum_ugly_man

Every company makes good guitars and bad guitars. Its very usual to find two guitars by the same manufacturer and the same model, but one of them will be better than the other

Gibson is the best... Am I doing it right?
Be cool.
Quote by cerveza
after it's bought and paid for?
wow, you really didn't think that through.

i will never buy a guitar without playing it first. ever.

i have a studio and don't mind it. i've never heard a studio sound better though. and i have heard and player ****tier ones.

i didnt buy it yet. LOL i have to send my epiphone back
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by k00kie M0nster
I was gonna get that, but I bought an epiphone instead. 1, because the gibson looked butt ugly and the epiphone looked good, they played the same, but the gibson sounded better. I knew that the gibson was the same thing but with much better pickups, so then I changed the pickups for a few hundred bucks. In the end I saved a couple hundred bucks.

I bought an Alpine White Gibson LP Studio and ended up returning it. Got a Honeyburst Epi LP Standard and put the Burstbucker Pros in it. Looks better than the Studio and sounds a hell of a lot better, too.
Epi Les Paul Standard with BB Pros
Vox 847A Wah->Fulltone Fulldrive 2->EHX Big Muff Pi->DD-3->EHX SMMwH->Fender Blues Deluxe
FWIW, yeah, every company does turn out a few dogs, but I've ordered a few of my gibby's online sight unseen and have yet to get burned. Personally, I think the crap rate isn't as bad as it seems from the big companies like gibson, fender,e tc. They've gotten to where they are by, yes cutting costs, but also making a good instrument. It's just noone wants to be that poor unfortunate soul who got one of the bad ones. If Gibson or Fender had a failure rate of 2/1000, that would be pretty good, but if you got one of those 2, your failure rate is 100% and it sucks to have spent that much money and have that kind of disappointment. Noone likes to deal with warranty/dealer returns, etc.
Quote by sum_ugly_man

it all depends on the part of the tree you get. Some trees are better guitar material than other trees. Neck grainage is all different. Body grain is all different. I have a Mexican Strat and it's better than this guy's American. He got a ****ty guitar and i got a good one. And Gibson just puts gibson on the headstock and is able to get a few hundred extra bucks for doing that. IMO Gibons are ripoffs.