I guess there are 2 or 3 amp models for the marshall amps. For 80's type metal sounds, how good is this amp at capturing this sound and does it sound digital compared to a normal marhall. Not a lot of experience with modelling amps, but I thought the spider iii 15 saounded digitally...but it may just be me.

Thanks.
I have a Vox AD30 and it is brilliant, its never let me down, and i know what you mean about the spiders, they sound really electronic to me, but the Vox is nothing like that
----
How about compared to the sound of marshall amps or other comparable non_modelling amps? Guess still thinking of modelling vs. Non modelling.
In that kind of price rsange youre talking about Mgs id think. Which are by far the biggest scam in amp history. Awful don't even consider it. Terrible amps.
But if you're compaing £1000 valve half stacks to the Vox well it'd evidently own it.

IMO, Vox AD > Roland Cube. ^
I know the sounds are crisp. Are the tones/sounds pretty accurate for ewhat is being modeled...especially the various metal amps (uk)?
Quote by beckyjc
IMO, Vox AD > Roland Cube. ^

+1, I honestly wasn't too impressed with the Cube when I tried it, but it was better than other stuff in its price range. I'd much rather have the Vox, even for metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
"Even for metal"

I've seen this a couple of times. I plan on listening again later in the week but going back to the original question, I'm sure this amp sounds great with the technology, but do you think it is a great way to capture the maiden, priest, ac/dc, etc sound that I'm aiming for?

Sorry to drag this out.
I think they have the best classic rock models. The AC30 especially, it is almost always what I play on when I play them.

The metal still sounds pretty digital IMO.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I got the Vox AD30 Awesome amp for metal. I love it. I just need better pickups on my guitar though
Quote by Lightitup
I think they have the best classic rock models. The AC30 especially, it is almost always what I play on when I play them.

The metal still sounds pretty digital IMO.

would you say the 70's and 80's uk models are 'classic'you are talking about? I was thinking that they were the metal, but I guess for many that is classic now and metal is considered to be the 'nu metal'...which I don't really like all that much. I'm hoping the 70's and 80's are really good and non-difital sounding because I think I'd use those the most.
Quote by IronNecrosis
I got the Vox AD30 Awesome amp for metal. I love it. I just need better pickups on my guitar though

Are you talking about the 70's / 80's uk setting or the nu metal? I think I'd use the uk settings mostly and are hoping they really get that marshall sound.
I used to own the 30 watt model. It has a bunch of models, I think 11 or so. It'll cover anything from light distortion of older fender amps, to hi-gain stuff. Granted it isn't as good at metal as the often compared Roland Cube 60, but the Vox kicks ass if you're looking for versatility.
there not to bad for practice
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt