Im finally narrowing down on what I want, Pickup wise, but i don't know which combination to do.

On an HSS strat with a Duncan JB for the humbucker, I am changing the single coils. Im getting a duncan hot rail and a duncan cool rail, but I don't know which one I should put in the neck and which one to put in the middle. Which way should I do it? Which way would sound best, and give the best combinations?

Also, when you order off Musiciansfriend, it gives you an option for a bridge version and a neck version. Which kind do i put in the middle?

Thanks for all of your help
Why would you get the JB in a strat?! (or at all )
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Why would you get the JB in a strat?! (or at all )

I like it. besides, that doesnt answer my question
why would you put hot rails in a strat?

(tag-teaming for the win!)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its all i can afford right now. Please just help me and stop making fun of it....
aren't most duncan pickups the same price? you could presumably get a different model which might suit what you want better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There are cheaper pickups than Seymour Duncans...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Haven't I been trying to nail a SH-11 Custom Custom into your head?

What's the word on your neck pickup routing?

lol i still havnt got a chance to look. I will, though.

can someone Please answer the original question just so ill know if i do it? So many opinions on other stuff other than my question
Cool rail would probably be better in the neck, hot rails in the bridge.

Not my ideal setup...but whatever...If you really wanted a humbucker in the neck, I'd go with a Little '59 in the neck, and keep the single in the middle.

Of course, if you can fit a normal sized humbucker in the neck...we have more options available...
lol i do think im gonna head in your direction.

A pickup in the middle, should it be a neck version or bridge version?
you put the neck size in the middle pickup, bridge pickups (in terms of single coils) mean slanted, i believe.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by forsaknazrael
Cool rail would probably be better in the neck, hot rails in the bridge.

Not my ideal setup...but whatever...If you really wanted a humbucker in the neck, I'd go with a Little '59 in the neck, and keep the single in the middle.

Of course, if you can fit a normal sized humbucker in the neck...we have more options available...

you mean hot rail in the middle, right? already have something in the bridge
i would get two nice single coils in the neck and a round sounding not too high output humbucker in the bridge. i am anti-single coil sized humbuckers from my bad experience with the Little '59. well, not too bad of an exp, but i didn't like it. waste of $70ish imo.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
ok, so lets say i want a perfectly around set up. Weezer-Metallica, everything in between kinda deal. Im keeping the JB, but what 2 single coils or mini Humbuckers should i put in to fully achieve this?
Well I'll recommend this pickup cause I just got it and love it. Check out the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates. Oh and forsakn is right on the SH-11, awesome pickup
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, you're not gonna get Metallica out of the Valve Junior. Weezer is pretty generic. YOu should be fine with your JB.

Decided against valve junior, btw
No, There isnt a guitar store around here. Do you know another one that sounds good, handles everything, and is loud?
Quote by FacingUsAll
There are cheaper pickups than Seymour Duncans...

Can you link us to those cheap pickups