I was going to buy a whammy pedal, and then decided on a multi-fx instead. That got a lot of negative feedback though so I'm going to ask for some advice. I have about $500 to blow on effects. Right now I have a '52 Thin Skin Tele Reissue, a Vox AD30VT, and a Budda wah. So I'm happy with that much. I play mostly overdriven blues, clean funk, and cleanish alternative. I want something that makes a wide variety of unique sounds (think guitar synth etc), mostly for the alternativish stuff that's pretty experimental. Any advice?
I wouldn't get a multi effects. Unless it's like a Vox Tonelab or Boss GT-8.

My personal opinion has always been the route of a pedalboard of multiple single effects.

What bands do you like and I'll tell you some great pedals. You have more than enough money to fill up a nice pedalboard.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Last edited by FoolOnThePlanet at Jan 28, 2008,
a little chorus can often really spice up that clean funk, a nice overdrive pedal is a goodun. Im playing about with an effect which consists of delay and tremolo/rotary/chorus. great dreamy sound.

if there was a multi fx that just had modulation effects then i would say buy that. cos most of the money in the multi fx pedals is in the distortion stuff.

stomp boxes are better for gigs, even though its a pain to get mains power for em

EDIT: oh, and one more thing - FUZZ! check out electro harmonix fuzz pedals, especially the classic style ones
Last edited by Mesa_Rory at Jan 28, 2008,
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I wouldn't get a multi effects. Unless it's like a Vox Tonelab or Boss GT-8.

My personal opinion has always been the route of a pedalboard of multiple single effects.

What bands do you like and I'll tell you some great pedals. You have more than enough money to fill up a nice pedalboard.

First off to be clear, I'm not asking for advice on a multi-fx. I'm going to get a GT-10 if end up buying one, but I'd rather stick to individual pedals.

Anyway, some bands I like these days are Muse, Radiohead, RATM, My Morning Jacket, Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, and Sigur Ros.
Oh ok great. Nice.

You've got a wah...
I'd say some dirt, modulation, and expiremental effects would set you.

For dirt, I'd say a Sovtek EHX Big Muff. Maybe a Boss BD-2. These are my 2 favorite dirt pedals.
For modulation I'd say a chorus: EHX Small Clone or Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensamble.
Maybe a phaser? MXR Phase 100 or Phase 90.

Deffinately a delay. There are a lot of delays, but the best delay that doesn't have all the bells and whistles would be the Ibanez DE-7. 1 or 2 of them would be ideal. If you like delay and want to splurge for a Boss DD-6 or Line 6 DL-4 or EHX Memory man, by all means. The Guyatone MD-3 is also a good delay. The Boss DD-3 isn't worth the money when you can get the Ibanez or Guyatone though.

As for expirementals, Billy Corgan is known for the Fender Blender. It's an octave fuzz pedal that is a cool effect. Where would Tom Morrello be without the Digitech Whammy. That's a cool pedal.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
The Rocktron Silver Dragon Valve Multidistortion pedal is pretty sick. Since you have a nice warm sounding amp, it would match up really well with this pedal because it uses tubes as well. Can do anything from a mild distortion to full killer metal and is pretty straight forward knobology to get good sounds. Or you could try the digitech ex distortion factory pedal, it has a number of pretty solid distortion models and is totally customizable. You can check out samples on digitech's website.
for the over driven blues sounds i like the boss blues driver

Quote by Dazzl1113
Or you could try the digitech ex distortion factory pedal, it has a number of pretty solid distortion models and is totally customizable. You can check out samples on digitech's website.

Dont get the distortion factory it doesnt sound that great and for the types of music listed it wouldnt do any justice.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
I wouldn't recommend using effects and distortions through the Vox. Buy a new amp, then work on effects. The vox really doesn't take to them very well and if you're looking at higher end stuff, you want something it'll sound its best through.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm selling a like new Boss Gt-8. It's an awesome pedal. Link in my sig.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.