After going from Avatar to Mesa Recto cabs, I've decided I'm probably going to be buying an Orange 2x12 for my Mesa boogie Roadster. I'm just wondering whats a decent used price for this cab? Thankss

Edit; I was reading about the V30's that are loaded in this and everyone seemed to stay away from them :S. Read that they are only good for modern metal and thats what I tend to stay away from. I like to play anything though, sometimes I'll throw some modern metal in there. But I like a todays pop punk tone. Great cleans, a classic tone. RHCP etc. Meh
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Jan 28, 2008,
hmm
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

If theres any other kind of cabs I'm open to suggestions, I want something top of the line though. I'm not afraid to save/spend money for my amp.

The Orange is an outstanding cab. I think no one's responding because you seemed to be talking yourself out of it in your initial post. One problem might be the fact that they're 16 ohms, and I believe Mesas are generally 8 ohms. It doesn't hurt to run a higher resistance cab, but you're probably not getting the most out of your amp that way.

If you want a classic rock, pop punk, clean sound, I'd think you would want something other than V30's, and probably something open backed. Or at least ported, for a more open sound.

I'm looking to pick up a 1x12 from J Designs for my own classic rock sounds as soon as tomorrow. They're well built, nice sounding cabs, that are probably a step or two up from Avatar. Nice selection of speakers, too. Definitely worth a look without breaking the bank.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well ^ really don't know anything about ohm ratings and such. But on the back of my Roadster it has two 4's an 8 and a 16 ohm speaker jacks.

Ahh, I'm so anxious about this, I've had my amp that I've saved forever sitting on my dresser for a week now I really want to choose a cab out so I can play it

Quote by tr3nt
I'm open to suggestions, I want something top of the line though. I'm not afraid to save/spend money for my amp.

Get a Tone Tubby then, and go with the Alnicos. Incredible sound. You'll be in possession of the best tone a Roadster's ever produced. I have their 2x10. It is definitely hot sh!t.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Get a Tone Tubby then, and go with the Alnicos. Incredible sound. You'll be in possession of the best tone a Roadster's ever produced. I have their 2x10. It is definitely hot sh!t.

Wow I guess I thought Oranges prices were the around the highest.. Ehhh

ahh Up before i go to sleep.

Are these on eBay much? How much is a decent used price?

V30s are not my speaker of choice, Greenbacks are normally my thing, but the Orange cabs are the only ones I've used that manage to negate all of the undesirable characteristics of V30s while keeping the tightness, smooth midrange and ability to cut through a band mix that they inherently have. With the Orange cab, you get no ice-picky highs or thin-ness to the sound, just huge clear tone.

No idea about US prices for them, second hand or new I'm afraid.

Oh and mate, try and cut down on the double and triple posting.
Sorry ^ Frustrated because I've had two posters in 24 hours. Also getting anxious because my head has been sitting on my dresser for a week.

My two cents: two 1x12's looks more badass than a 2x12.

The 2x12 sounds unreal, and will sound great with your mesa. I see that combination quite a bit actually.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
sweet ^.. How much damage are the decent used prices?

usually a 2x12 used is around 400. i have a 2x12 orange and 4x12 orange with a mesa roadster.. and it sounds unreal. you won't be disapointed.