I've been playing guitar for 2 years now, self taught. Now I've been using Drop D (DADGBE) most of the time. I feel like I need to expand my music more by learning a new tuning.

I mostly play anything from Hard rock, metal, and some softer rock. You get the idea I'm sure.

My strings gauges are 0.11. Not sure if it makes a difference with certain tunings?

So what would you suggest me to try out?

Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks.
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
B standard deffo (y)
or dropped A... B standard with the low B tune down a tone
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Try dropping everything down 1 1/2 semitones to C#. Sabbath had great success with this tuning. And the nice thing about it is all your chord shapes stay the same because you're lowering all the strings the same amount. Don't sweat it if you get a little string buzz from the low E string. You don't have to keep it tuned that low and it won't mess up your neck for a short time to try it out. Bends are easier too.
Open C!

CGCGCE, used by artists as diverse as Led Zepplin (Friends) and Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by LeftyDave
Try dropping everything down 1 1/2 semitones to C#. Sabbath had great success with this tuning. And the nice thing about it is all your chord shapes stay the same because you're lowering all the strings the same amount. Don't sweat it if you get a little string buzz from the low E string. You don't have to keep it tuned that low and it won't mess up your neck for a short time to try it out. Bends are easier too.

You know I might actually give that a try. Never really thought about it the way you explained the tuning.

But thanks for all the replies, I'll see how things go and maybe try the Drop B's and stuff.

QUICK question....

Do capos change the tuning?
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
Of course capo's change the tuning. But instead of down, they raise everything depending on which fret you decide to place the capo at. So imagine that you have your guitar tuned to C# as I mentioned above. All strings are 1.5 semitones below standard tuning. Where would you need to put the capo in order to be at standard tuning again? If you said the 3rd fret, your're right. Each fret is a semitone, or halfnote. 1.5 semitones is the same as 3 frets.
On the other hand, you could be referring to if a capo will change the tuning more or less than if you were pressing the string down with your finger, and the answer is yes. If it has a severely strong spring, you could be raising everything sharper than it should be and you might need to compensate by tweaking the tuning, or just get a G7th capo. Those are absolutely the best and will only put as much or little pressure on the strings as you choose, not a preset spring.
Hope all this helps answer your question.