Page 1 of 2
yeah punk is pop punk or pop punk is punk ,that's 100 percent real because first punk(the ramones)didnt contain politic,agressive or hardcore things in their music and their music had a melodic, faster and happy rythms just that, punk was trying to just make music not the change politics rules or something when it was born.if anyone thinks like that please sport.....
The Ramones were pop punk so were The Buzzcocks. Pop Punk is great in my opinion.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Pop punk is great
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
jan 08ers quit posting threads to establish how core you are. nobody has heard of these 'ramnomes' you speak of.
Punk is louder, faster, trashier version of rock n roll. Some of these bands, like The Ramones or Dead Boys, didn't focus on politics. Other bands, like The Clash, did.
Quote by mustafamert
punk=pop punk because the ramones=pop punk and the ramones=FIRST PUNK

No, no they weren't the first punk band. Not even close.
not that i'm much of a fan, but the sex pistols were pretty pissed. and some of their music was political in nature. it wasn't particularly well thought out, but the idea was there.
then again, i'm probably one of the few out there who doesn't think of the ramones and sex pistols as the greatest bands ever. so you can go ahead and ignore me.
Quote by mustafamert
yeah whether you believe or not but the ramones is first punk band

No, you're wrong they weren't, leave, you know nothing.
Quote by mustafamert
so tell me the first punk band

Either The Stooges or The MC5. You could even consider 60's garage punk. There was a ton of punk before The Ramones.
Quote by mustafamert
yeah whether you believe or not but the ramones is first punk band

Punk didn't spontaneously appear. The Ramones may have been one of the first bands to be labeled as punk, but punk was really starting back with bands like the MC5, The Stooges, and the New York Dolls.
Television were a couple of years before The Ramones. How they are classified 'post-punk' is beyond me.
^I love and respect The Ramones but they're not the father's of punk. You're an idiot. Since you know I'm right you just say some random BS.

Quote by European Son
Television were a couple of years before The Ramones. How they are classified 'post-punk' is beyond me.

They definitely sound like post-punk. The Talking Heads were also around around the same time as the Ramones and are considered post-punk. A lot of post-punk bands were.
Quote by crustyreed
jan 08ers quit posting threads to establish how core you are. nobody has heard of these 'ramnomes' you speak of.

Ram Gnomes!

Pioneers of Gnomecore.
Quote by sargasm
Ram Gnomes!

Pioneers of Gnomecore.

This is why I love you sargasm!
Quote by mustafamert
first of all you are idiot and i am 100 percent right that the ramones is first punk and i dont understand why are you talking about 60's even there wasnt a good rock and the guitar and amplicateur technology in 60's wasnt enough improved and good for punk rock

You know absolutely nothing about punk, nothing. You know nothing about the roots of punk and you nothing about punk. Have you ever even heard of The Stooges Or MC5?
Quote by mustafamert
if you love punk rock you must respect them respect the ramones because they are father of this music.

i don't have to do ****. sorry, but i just don't like them. more of a dead kennedys kind of guy. or shellac.
Quote by StreetLight3989
They definitely sound like post-punk. The Talking Heads were also around around the same time as the Ramones and are considered post-punk. A lot of post-punk bands were.

Yeah, but it's strange. The term post-punk obviously means 'after punk', and Television both formed and broke up way before the Ramones did. Post-punk has always for me been bands that were influenced by the early, raw punk and then created something "more" out of it (like adding synths, funk rhythms or whatever). Television and Talking Heads were as much part of the NYC punk movement as The Ramones were in my opinion. The term post punk as such do not fit Television.
Quote by mustafamert
first of all you are idiot and i am 100 percent right that the ramones is first punk and i dont understand why are you talking about 60's even there wasnt a good rock and the guitar and amplicateur technology in 60's wasnt enough improved and good for punk rock

listen, assbag. half of the reason punk rock came into being was because people were too poor to afford the nicest equipment, or recordings, or guitars. the new york dolls used trash can lids for cymbals for a while. the ones who had decent equipment stole it from the back of other bands' vans. by the way, the fancy amps the sex pistols stole...marshall tube amps. soviet ****ing era technology.
I wouldn't call Television post-punk, even though they kind of sound like it.
pop punk=punk
the ramones=pop punk
the ramones=first punk

is there anyone has an other question?
Quote by mustafamert
actually you dont know anything about punk or you guess you know something about punk.you always talk about 60's please dont laugh me

You're pretty smart.
Quote by mustafamert
actually you dont know anything about punk or you guess you know something about punk.you always talk about 60's please dont laugh me

Are you kidding me? You're mentally retarded, leave now. Wait that's making fun of retarded people, you're stupid.

But read this first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto_punk
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Jan 28, 2008,
^Forget it, it's not worth arguing with you.
Quote by mustafamert

Please don't laugh me!

either foreign or ChAoTiKgUiLt
^He's saying that because you're a ****ing idiot.
Quote by mustafamert
yeah punk is pop punk or pop punk is punk ,that's 100 percent real because first punk(the ramones)didnt contain politic,agressive or hardcore things in their music and their music had a melodic, faster and happy rythms just that, punk was trying to just make music not the change politics rules or something when it was born.if anyone thinks like that please sport.....

the ramones werent the official first punk band out there. the sex pistols were out the same time they were. and the sex pistols were extremely political
Quote by crustyreed
There's really no way to determine who the first band of any genre was. This argument is stupid.

TS, stop being so stubborn, because it really doesn't matter.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
There's really no way to determine who the first band of any genre was. This argument is stupid.

TS, stop being so stubborn, because it really doesn't matter.

There's no way to prove, but I know for a fact it wasn't The Ramones.
Quote by mustafamert
actually you are making people fun talking about first punk was 60's(yeah i am sure there was cell phone and computer)i think thats enough and read that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ramones

how old are you, little boy?

there were loads of punk bands who came out either before or at the same time as the ramones.

and what do cell phones and computers have to do with punk?

Jack my swag
ok I dont think any bands that actually made it were the first punk bands it was probly some kids with a new sound. As for pop punk=punk.... if pop punk was the same as punk they wouldnt have different names. You obviously know nothing about punk so dont rant on about stupid things til you actually KNOW your ****.
Anyway, we all know Johnny Skullfuck invented punk so why is this even an issue?
Quote by mustafamert

1. Your definition of punk is vague and shallow.

2. As it's been said many times, The Ramones were one of the founding pop-punk bands. And they were damn good at what they did.

3. I was expecting you to quote Rotten or something at the '77 San Fransisco Wonderland gig: "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" or something along the lines of the Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle. If you'd've argued that the counter-culture that is punk rock at its essence would eventually be diluted - with its messages lost - and created for mass consumption (see: Vans Warped Tour; "pop-rock" that is labelled "pop-punk" in the charts e.g Simple Plan and Busted) and that therefore punk-rock will inevitably become predominantly pop-punk (but with a minority of underground bands) then I would have partially (only partially) agreed with you.

But as it happens, you failed.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Page 1 of 2