Okay we got a new drummer in our functions band (im the guitarist) and he is having a lot of issues with the ends of songs. I tried to simplify things so we just to a 4 beat slowdown and a final hit which is a crash to end most of the songs because we have to do 50 songs and lots of them have fade out endings.

He just cant grasp the concept of one bar slowdown and finish and tries to just follow the vocals for cues..which is a) dangerous if there is a monitor problem and b)not tight sounding as he should lead and we follow.

How can i get him to finish on the right beat? i try and do a huge headbang/throw guitar neck down to show him but he never finishes at the right time.
smack him upside the head till he gets it. theres really nothing u can do to teach him. he has to learn on his own
Get on the drum kit and show him yourself? Maybe he just doesn't understand what you mean, a 4-beat slow down isn't hard, by any means...
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Get on the drum kit and show him yourself? Maybe he just doesn't understand what you mean, a 4-beat slow down isn't hard, by any means...

no he understands how to do one just doesnt know where to put it in, cant count the beats and cant follow my head signals.
Quote by Raaaaar
he cant count the beats and cant follow my head signals.

He has no business being a drummer then.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Wax on, wax off...

Or just practice more.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
repetition repetition repetition repetition

Practice makes perfect
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
drum machine :P
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
sounds like a lousy drummer.

Make him practice it!!!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
after the last chord of the chord progression, hit the chord of whatever key you are in and either stop it or let it fade out. that takes no thinking whatsoever except for "ok this is where i just completely stop playing" lol
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
run over and do the last beat yourself? that or make him practice more. or train him.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Drummer that can't keep time is not a drummer, because that's what drummers are for, keeping time.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!