I recently tried the Vox AC30CC2 out in a shop and i love the tone! i was just wondering if it would be loud enough to gig with, say in a pub or club? Also would the AC30CC1 be loud enough, because the CC2 looks damn heavy.
Yes, and Yes, usually 30 watts is the minimum for clean gigging. I'm assuming the difference between the two is the amount of speakers, which in that case two speakers isn't much louder, maybe a bit fuller but not a lot louder.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
AC30 CC2?

Very loud!

AC30 CC1?

Also, very bloody loud!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
thanks, also, is there any difference in tone or sound quality between them? As i only tested the CC2
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
The AC30CC2 has wharfedale speakers which are alright but sound different from the AC30CC2X which has Celestion blues which good to say the least. Most people will select the Blues but since both speakers sound, and just as importantly, react differently it is up to the individual to choose their tone. The wharfedale are bassier and can sound pretty good at higher gain levels while the Blues excel at clean and dirty tones. Blues react more to the players hand I feel.
The AC30CC1 has a celestion "neodog" speaker which I don't have a lot of experience with.
If you do a little research on Celestion Blues, you will learn their history, and tonal qualities.

......also they cost about $250 (US) each
Quote by init24
wasn't the CC1 discontiued?

Yes, but there are heaps in Australia for some reason.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
to sum it up, get the cc1, its loud enough and sounds better than the cc2 - theres a reason why the cc2 is only 50 bucks more than the cc1

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by sebastian_96
Yes, but there are heaps in Australia for some reason.

First England sends their unwanted criminals to Australia and they end up building a wonderful society. Then England sends their unwanted amps to Australia. Perhaps we should take this as a sign that Australia will end up as the epicenter for the next wave of awesome music.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM