Whos bright idea was this (just saw it on the news)? i want to kick that persons ass. So do people who watch DVDs get a thin persons tax refund?!?
Just download them, not only do you not pay tax, you dont pay anything
Explain what it is exactly? I'm thinking a tax hike on buckets of lard, but its somehow related to video games.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
what do you mean "fat tax"
enlighten me please
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Raaaaar
you cant play online if you download em

Thats true, but I suppose you could use all the money you've saved not buying games you dont want to play online to buy a game you do want to play online
Quote by The Leader
Explain what it is exactly? I'm thinking a tax hike on buckets of lard, but its somehow related to video games.

Oh damn! I'll have to stop buying that so much if it keeps on getting so expensive!
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by faultyy
Thats true, but I suppose you could use all the money you've saved not buying games you dont want to play online to buy a game you do want to play online

too true sir, and not all games have online play anyway.

not that i'm endorsing the downloading of games.
haha, brilliant...theyve found a way to tax couch potatoes....Lots of places (especially so in the bible belt) have what is called a sin tax, it applies to movies, bars, just about anything that could be classified as entertainment. I imagine this is a spin off of that to make up for the people who dont go out on the town. Since they cant get you for going out, theyre gonna get you for staying home.

A possible rationalization for such a tax: Problems such as early onset diabetes, cancer, etc. (things that occur at a higher rate among people with sedentary lifestyles) actually cost the national economy because the government provides grants for research, state and fed. medical programs fit the bill for some treatments and meds....sooo the government figures it has the right to add a tax to these commodities to replace some of what they spend......I dont support it at all, but thats the method behind the maddness.
Still its pretty damn funny. If anything should be hit with a "fat tax" it should be the garbage passed off as food at places like McDonalds. Or better yet, deduct this sort of tax from the salaries of the fat cats in washington who are living so large.
Last edited by hoipolloi at Jan 28, 2008,