ultimate guitar!
Hey, i'm Corey and i have a question to ask.
I was thinking about putting a Seymour Duncan invader pickup in the bridge of my old squire strat, its only the stock one.
is this possible, i've heard they already have room for humbuckers under the pick guard? can anyone confirm this?

if not how would i go about putting one in?

thanks,
corey
Usually there is room for the humbucker, but why put an invader in? It is a squier, there won't be much difference between a cheaper and an expensive pickup. It's just not an amazing guitar. That's why they're a really common modding guitar.

To summarize my verbal (typed?) ejaculation there, you could put it in, but you're better off spending less money on the pickup.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
squiers, I've noticed, are usualy routed out for an HSH pickup configuration...I've never seen one that wasn't, but you know you could always just take off the pickguard and check...
Quote by PimpedOutSquier
Usually there is room for the humbucker, but why put an invader in? It is a squier, there won't be much difference between a cheaper and an expensive pickup. It's just not an amazing guitar. That's why they're a really common modding guitar.

To summarize my verbal (typed?) ejaculation there, you could put it in, but you're better off spending less money on the pickup.

How do you figure the pickup wouldn't matter in a squier? like you said it's a common guitar for modding because most of them are made of decent materials but are still inexpensive. Unless it's a bullet I think it'll be good...
IMO more expensive pickups don't sound that much better. Just disregard that if you're not in the .1% minority I'm in.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Quote by PimpedOutSquier
IMO more expensive pickups don't sound that much better. Just disregard that if you're not in the .1% minority I'm in.

you're like a buddy of mine, he's a total tone freak, he'll be tweeking his levels for like an hour before he starts playing...I've never been that way, I do try to get a tone that I like but as soon as it sounds okay then I'm good to go. Guys like you do come in handy though, he taught me how to use my EQ pedal which actualy bumbed me out a little because I've been playing at least a few years longer than he has...
^^^ EQ is my best friend, but I hate when people don't work with it ie. Bassists who turn bass to max and treble to mid all the way down. I love high mid, balanced bass and treble...
Anyway sorry for derailing this thread. Chumley, If you just buy a HSS pickguard (or cut yours, not advised) you can stick a bucka in there easy. You probably ought to rewire to a 500k vol pot too.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

S-Q-U-I-E-R

Really bugs me when its spelt wrong. hah

And yeah, there should be room. If i remember correctly, mine had enough space to do 3 humbuckers. Wasn't quite a complete bath-tub routing. But almost. I filled mine in though. Sounds alot better thanks to that.