Yesterday i had my first practice with my band. I pluged my mic into an AudioBuddy Pre-amp, into my fender bassman's 2nd input and i got so much feedback and squeeling we could barely stand it. Would a mixer help my problems? I would also like to plug an acoustic electric (without a preamp) into the mixer. Would this Behringer Mixer suit my needs? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-EURORACK-UB802-Mixer-102331477-i1153481.gc Would there be any other things i would need? Could i plug the mixer into my bassman instead of buying a power amp?

For short, i am basecly trying to use a mic and an acoustic electric guitar (without a preamp) without having so much feedback and squeeling.

Could someone give me some tips on how to reduce feedback from the mic using my Audio Buddy Preamp (if it is even possible)?

Thanks in advance!

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
Erm if you're singing you could do with a PA system maybe, a guitar amp is for guitar really and pluggin an electro acoustic into a guitar amp will also sound pretty naff i thinks. How to reduced feedback, find which frequencies are feeding back and try lower them, if it doesnt work kill them.
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
What would be a good PA package be? Im trying to keep it between $300-$500 american, i would preffer something on the cheaper side, and something thats semi-portable. And why would an electric acoustic through my bassman sound "pretty naff"? How would an electric acoustic sound through a PA?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
would a 100w be able to be heard over a whole band with drums?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
thanks for the help, im going to hold off on buying a PA system untill April (my birthday), so what would be a good alternative way to hook up a mic? Would it make a difference to plug it into a seperate guitar amp, or will it sound the same as in my bassman in the 2nd input?

'67 Gibson SG Standard
'65 Fender Bassman
Make sure you use a sound hole plug. Or you will have a lot of feedback.
A mixer wont do anything to help and get a tapco, not Behringer if you ever get a mixer..........

Your problem is you are too close to your amp and your mic is turned up high enough for the guitar to get to it. For PA setups the speakers are far away and faced away from the mics on stage which is why theres no feedback.

Turn down your mic at the preamp and feed it into a proper PA setup.
a proper PA will have a powered mixer and you wont need the Audio Buddy which is junk anyways...

$500 for a PA setup wont get you much but for home use for vocals or acoustic guitar, this kit should work:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-PowerPod-740DSEM715-PA-System?sku=636503

BTW, what mic are you using for the acoustic guitar?
Last edited by moody07747 at Jan 28, 2008,
the acoustic will jsut sound bad though a guitar amp
it will work but it will sound bad
me and my band hae put mics though guitar amps plenty of times
it works but it's not ideal
you need to tput them through an amp by themselves though