I just want to know you guys reaction on me using GT-8 on a Roland Microcube.

Ahh, i know it will sound super great
The cube is alright. great for practice but if it's your main amp I'd rather save for a new.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I doubt it will sound good considering the fact that modeling amps like the cube don't usually accept pedals well. If you are looking for one though, I'm selling one (link in sig).
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
If you've yet to purchase the GT-8, I recommend saving up for a better amp instead.
Tiger style.
i got a Peavey Classic 50 212 so i am set with a good clean sound which will accept GT-8 pretty good. But i was just wondering what you guys would say, for i was thinking of buying Roland Microcube for practice amp, though i like to get Vox valvetronix ad15vt instead because it might better than the cube and might accept the GT-8 better if i decide to use GT-8. However down side is that the Vox don't have a aux input so i can play along with my computer backing track, however, i think using Gt-8 can fix that....though not sure.
Quote by kckyle
if is a 2nd amp thn you really shouldn't be worry about bad tone, since u got a classic 50 as ur main

...nice!! You have a Peavey Classic 30 how do you like the GT-8 plug in? Is it good, with it? Any Pros and Cons that you want to share? How do you plug it in, Straight in the Amp input, do you use this thing called 4CM which require 4 cable, rather than 2 (which is going Straight in the amp)?

It would be nice to hear from a fellow Peavey owner
where is kckyle, i wanted to chat with him considering he is a Peavey owner?

Come back my savior
i think that you would be better off with a 5 watt tube amp like an epiphone valve junior or a palomino v8. since you've already got every effect and amp model that you could ever want on the gt-8 why bother buying another modelling amp
Quote by Tuckers
i think that you would be better off with a 5 watt tube amp like an epiphone valve junior or a palomino v8. since you've already got every effect and amp model that you could ever want on the gt-8 why bother buying another modelling amp

I don't think you read the whole thread...but anyways thanx for the advice
It would sound fine if you turned the modeling off on the GT8.

However... Using a multi effects pedal that costs more than the amp new? It wouldn't be worth it. Why do you need a small amp? for practice? Why not just plug into the GT8 with headphones?
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
It would sound fine if you turned the modeling off on the GT8.

However... Using a multi effects pedal that costs more than the amp new? It wouldn't be worth it. Why do you need a small amp? for practice? Why not just plug into the GT8 with headphones?

yaa for practice.

You can plug headphones? Can you also plug computer for backing track, or cd player?
Quote by angeldef
yaa for practice.

You can plug headphones? Can you also plug computer for backing track, or cd player?

I don't think the GT8 has an aux in though. But yes, you can plug in headphones.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
I don't think the GT8 has an aux in though. But yes, you can plug in headphones.

It has a digital out... isn't that the same thing?
Why don't you look at the digitech GNX3000? The tone isn't the greatest and the wah effect is pretty weak but it has all the features you are after plus the jam along feature lets you play along etc.

However it sn't as good as the GT-8 but just an idea.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by angeldef
It has a digital out... isn't that the same thing?

"Out" is not the same as "In" that is a digital output of the pedal's sound
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

I think somebody connected a cd player into the gt8 loop return and it worked. The loop would need to go at the end of the fx chain.

So computer should work also, i would need a stereo to mono adapter since the gt8 loop is mono. Or use a mono plug into the computer to get both channels.
Yes, the GT-8 allows you to play with headphones. However, it does not have a Aux in input to back you up.
I used to own a Micro Cube but I sold it already. I bought it for Iraq because we were going to be there for 12 months. It doesn't really sound that good by itself so I can't imagine any pedal saving it. After a couple of months I ditched it and bought me the Epiphone all tube Valve JR combo along with a digitech RP250. To my surprise, it was one of the better combos I've heard. Rated at 5 watts, the epiphone can be quite loud cuz' I was jammin' with a couple of guitars at once along with bass and could still hear myself. I was playing stuff ranging from SRV to metallica with pretty cool tones. I don't own a GT-8 but I can guarantee you that it'll sound better on the epiphone than the microcube. Also, the epiphone has a very nice sounding clean already but with FX, it's even sweeter!!
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Quote by angeldef
I think somebody connected a cd player into the gt8 loop return and it worked. The loop would need to go at the end of the fx chain.

So computer should work also, i would need a stereo to mono adapter since the gt8 loop is mono. Or use a mono plug into the computer to get both channels.

If you plug something into the loop return, you won't get any sound from the guitar. The loop is a break in the signal chain, and requires the signal to be sent (send) and the same signal to go back in (return) If you just plug a cable into one, it either won't have a signal coming back, or won't have your guitar signal, only whatever you've got in your half-loop.

What you want is to set it to Parallel in the effects loop.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Could you ABY both the PC's and GT8's headphone outputs?
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Ok, i found a way on another forum, if any is looking for the answer that i wanted then here it is

"I.ve been playing along to CDs through my GT-8 since it came out.

Plug the line out of your CD/MP3 player into the GTs (Loop) Return.
Loop mode needs to be set to DIRECT MIX.
SEND LEVEL 0
RETURN LEVEL (this depends on how you have the GTs patch set up. I have it at about 150ish but I would start at zero and creep it on up)
The loop must be at the end of the FX chain.."