I don't, because it's easier just to go get a new pick.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
a guy i talked to at a guitar store said he sharpened all his picks on carpet, just evenly scraping them along the side. his were sharp enough to kill someone so that seems to work pretty well.
Why would you sharpen a pick? Unless you plan to chop you strings in half...

or murder someone...

but seriously, for me, I can alt pick with any kind of pick. I just have to think about picking with as little of the pick as possible, so I guess if you sharpen the pick you can then pick with even less of the pick.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
i dont know... once i bought a reaaaally pointy dunlop pick and i didn't like it at all...
i used to do that but now i just get like 50 picks when ever i go to a guitar shop so i have enough to last a while
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I can see the advantages, but i think its just easier to get a new pick. When u sharpen something it gets smaller, and in my case my fingers are huge. I need all the pick I can get, altho I only use 5% of the pick as far as pickin goes
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
i also like pointy picks. i think they make me play better. one time i bought three picks and i wore out one that it was round and it made my playing horrible. i picked up a new one i had on my table and after that i like "oh so that's why i sucked"
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by AndyH
a guy i talked to at a guitar store said he sharpened all his picks on carpet, just evenly scraping them along the side. his were sharp enough to kill someone so that seems to work pretty well.

Really? What type of carpet coz ive tryed that before and nothing happened.
Quote by cedaguol
i dont know... once i bought a reaaaally pointy dunlop pick and i didn't like it at all...

Was it the yellow one that looks like it has wings, lol? (tortex fins)

Or just a sharp tortex?

i'm wondering, do i need the metal file or just sandpaper will do?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
i love those tortex fins, they make an awesome variety of sound
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
How the hell do you hold them fins?
I bought some, and I'm thinking, side? Like a normal pick? How?
I sharpen my brass picks, because it's $5 for 3 and it's easier to sharpen them.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I just take mine out to the sidewalk and scrape them on the concrete a few times.
Yup I love pointy picks too. Even as little as half a mm is enough to annoy me if it gets worn down, so I'm always buying new picks. Maybe i'll have to try your method of sharpening in order to save some more cash.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...