You ever see The White Stripes live? Well, I recommend "Under Blackpool Lights," first-off (if you never saw them live). My point is I watched the DVD and I saw Jack's techniques on geetar and you know what I think? I think he has the same technique as the LEGENDARY JIMI HENDRIX! For those White Stripes fans, give me feedback on my opinion, you don't have to agree. Gimme feedback on this topic, thanks.
I love the Stripes but, White is only an alright guitar player. He's good at what he does, and he's very good with his phrasing and expression through his instruments. But he's no Hendrix.
“You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die.”
He can play, yes, but I wouldnt say hendrix.
He has the same sort of rough but melodic style, Id say, but that is where the similarities end.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AX120
'94 Gibson Les Paul Standard

Effects:
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Digitech RP50
Line 6 DL-4

Amp:
Marshall MG100HDFX
Both are amazing dude, but Jimi was ****ing insane man, Jack White can't sing while he's soloing Jimi could
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Hes not the next Hendrix..... hes the current Jack White. And thats not such a bad thing, because Jack White is a very original, unique guitar player.
I'm a Jack White fanboy, so I'll agree. I loooove his music, but I really gotta admit that Jimi was on another level.
wrong forum.
really this kinda **** has no place anywhere, but if it had to be posted i'd say bands and artists.
Quote by bangoodcharlote

And no, he is not the next Hendrix. If anyone, it is Prince.

Shut up, white is f*cking awesome! Truely unique style of playing.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
While I don't think he'll ever achieve Hendrix's status, but he is one of the best guitarists ever, no question. He and Hendrix both have the ability to pick up a guitar, play whatever the hell they want, just bang out random stuff really, and have it sound amazing.

The only other players I can think of who have that kind of talent are Matt Bellamy and Jeff Beck.
White is definitely not the next Hendrix. White is good, but they're both too different, and he's no Hendrix
No they are completely different....Jack comes from a minimalist punk/garage aesthetic whereas Hendrix was a show off (and imo sloppy) blues player.
I don't care.

Quote by rock_and_blues
No they are completely different....Jack comes from a minimalist punk/garage aesthetic whereas Hendrix was a show off (and imo sloppy) blues player.

Completely true, despite his ideas and his popularizing of the more modern style of electric guitar playing.

I think it's stupid to compare guitarists in general, even more stupid to idolize guitarists as being "god-like" just because they are dead.
thinking about it now the only thing i can possibly see a similarity to is their usage of effects (both have a real thick fuzzy tone) and bringing new "underground" effects into the mainstream (Jack using the his Whammy/POG pedals and Hendrix using his Uni-Vibe/Wah Wah)
have you ever thought about john petrucci or satriani? or even vai?
there techniques are way better than his...and live abilitys...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I remember my mum and dad went out to the cinema, and when they were driving home they looked to their left and a guy in a gorilla suit was in the passenger seat of the car next to them, waving at them You should keep it just for that.

^ROFL
This doesn't particularly belong here. But, I don't think Bands and Artists would welcome this thread either, so I can't really recommend that you repost this anywhere.

Who really cares if White is "The Next Hendrix"? (which he isn't, for a variety of reasons that aren't necessarily negative.) Just enjoy the playing.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out