Hey, here's the first recording of my new song. I wrote it as a birthday present for someone, just want to know what you think.
thanks.

http://www.purevolume.com/olivergolding

'nothing to run from'

Through the mist I watch it grow
Its got its eyes on me
So I lie down on the cold cold ground

And I believe that i'm still dreaming
I've got nothing to run from, everything to lose
but nothing to run from

When I feel the glow in her cheeks
I trust in her youth
like a little devil in the eye of a storm
and the wind will choose where I go

'Cos I got everything to lose
but nothing to run from, everything to lose girl

Through the mist I watch it leave
It turns its back on me
So I lay down on the cold cold grund

And I believe that i'm still dreaming,
I've got nothing to run from, everything to lose,
but nothing to run from, everything to lose, nothing to run from,
i said i got everything to lose.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
Hey I remember listening to Dreamer awhile back. I really like your style of music.

I've got everything to lose
But nothing to run from

I like how you actually wrote lyrics that actually have a meaning deeper than "I like chicks" or "I wanna die." The overall piece itself seems a little to static for me but you do capture that single state fairly well.
Very nice! It reminds me of a song I've got of yours on my computer called "Day Awe", and in the best way possible. The best part was the way the guitar seemed to go softer to louder between verses. Lyrics are a bit strange, but suit the song well. Really nice finger picking style!
thanks for the comments guys. they help. I feel as if a better recording would do the song more justice. Vox aren't mixed that well.

beautiful
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
hey man,
great stuff. I like the lyrics mainly "everything to lose" because it's a nice play on the all too common phrase. Guitar sounds good and I like the vocal quality too. It has a lo-fi feel to it, which brings simplicity that fits the song perfectly. I think it's perfect as it lies, you probably don't need another recording or it may sound like it's too much in the studio.

Thanks. Yeah I think i'll leave it as it is for now. When (or if!) I ever get this album out i'll whack out a new version. I'll get round to critting yours today.

nice on man, really liked the fingerpicking style as mentioned earlier, reminds me of the goo good dolls in a good way with the voice. If you don't mind, check out one of mine on my ug profile, and keep up the good work!
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
nice on man, really liked the fingerpicking style as mentioned earlier, reminds me of the goo good dolls in a good way with the voice. If you don't mind, check out one of mine on my ug profile, and keep up the good work!

Thanks buddy. Will get round to checking out your profile.

very good. i like the guitar playing and the lyrics but something about your voice sounds strange. vocally it sounds slightly out of sync or something. its definitely better than anything i've heard on the radio recently. if you did this with a better quality recording it wouldn't sound as good- the low quality adds the extra tone to it. keep it up man.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.