I was looking into A DJ as maybe a second job or hobby. I was wondering some basics i need to know and what i should need and if anyone has any experience, any help in general.

thanks
WOO
what about turntables n stuff

i was looking at CD turntable with MP3 and vinyl turntables
WOO
I DJ for my clan's (Daddys Monsters) radio, Monster Radio. In all truth, it's really easy. Get the servers from shoutcast, get songs, bam, you're done. there are other things you have to learn, but those are the basics.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Well, to start you need a large record collection.

And a taste for cheesy, usually crappy, music

You also have to be able to mumble through a cheap microphone between songs, so that noone can understand a word you're saying.

(In all seriousness though, sorry I can't help you...other than the record collection point)
and to be sucessful, yell before a song "DIS ONE IZ FOR DA LAYDEEEEZ!"
When all else fails, ask the pit.
you need two turntables, a mixer, maybe an mp3 setup, and large record collection, maybe a midi keyboard or a sampler, a talkbox if you wanna be really cool, and some imagination.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Wait, how professional are you talking?
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
pm either divid3d she's a mod or mastabassist10 he's not. They both know a fair bit and might be able to help you.
but for a music collection, should i get a bunch of CDS or Vinyl?
WOO
Quote by Anj
but for a music collection, should i get a bunch of CDS or Vinyl?

i'd say do what my local d.j. does, use itunes/another form of "getting" the songs. If someone wants a song you dont have, get it quickly. But he uses his laptop hooked up through some speakers.
When all else fails, ask the pit.