Page 1 of 2
apparently this summer.
does anyone besides me care what its gonna sound like?

im mostly just hoping it sounds as good as 'lets go' but we'll see
and im hoping for another tour so i can catch a few shows when they hit los angeles
I have the feeling that it is going to be horrible
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i heard a song they recorded a bit after indestructable as 'the devils brigade' and it was awesome
im hoping they go back to the style and energy of lets go
They still haven't given up?

Yeesh.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
i think it might be more ska influenced maybe, especially after tim's solo album, probably like life won't wait
founder of the MXPX group, pm me to join

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!

Wii number: 7054 3894 4223 2011
Quote by element4433

i agree with you.

and when did this "mitch clem appreciation society" crop up?

I wanna be Fletcher! But I'm not shaving my head...
Quote by original=punk
i agree with you.

and when did this "mitch clem appreciation society" crop up?

I wanna be Fletcher! But I'm not shaving my head...

I also agree with element, and I call Cecil!
Joey's Fletcher

I think.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
damn, i don't wanna be the emo kid....or the skate punk.....or the vegan punk......

I so call smelly kid/crusty.
Okay, put his name in your sig like mine is
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

hmm im gonna have to study the old mitch clems for a character for me to be,

everything rancid did after the first 2 albums i dont really like. but that one song about being a sidekick, great stuff.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I also agree with element, and I call Cecil!

You douche.

I called Cecil.

Because of his awesome Germs shirt!

****er...
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
A lot of people seem to hate Indestructible, but that's actually not a bad album, in my opinion. I like almost every song on it, it's just a lot more soft and melodic than their earlier work. However, if they go any more poppy with the new album, it would probably be unlistenable...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I think it would be awesome if Rancid realized that their music sucked, and just to piss off all of their Warped-Tour going fanbase and put out a grindcore album.

The thing is I don't know what would happen. Would the kids hate it, or would everyone of their fans follow the trend and start listening to grindcore?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Rancid is maybe my favourite punk band, but I think they have made the best they can come up with, but I hope they make ven better songs, if thats possible
Im not getting my hopes up. Industructable was a dissapointment. Someone should remove skinhead robs voicebox
I really hope its similar to and out come the wolves. I just hope its not a disappointment but it probably will be :/
Quote by Miss G
I really hope its similar to and out come the wolves. I just hope its not a disappointment but it probably will be :/

Well, if you expect it to be good, it'll definitely be a disappointment...Rancid suck.
yep....... it's true. The People have made their decision, and that decision is that Rancid sucks.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by J.A.R.
i think it might be more ska influenced maybe, especially after tim's solo album, probably like life won't wait

i didnt like his solo album that much..
i thought his solo album was better than most reggae or punk albums coming out now
and most people i know liked the album as well
i dont care what the people say rancid is a good band and have released some awesome music as well as some not so awesome stuff though
people seem to always bash rancid and its pretty much not because they think rancid sucks its usually someone just jumping on a hate bandwagon
just like everyone here praises the ramones or bashes some pop mainstream band
i think ...and out come the wolves is awesome. besides that, i dont really like them.

i think its gonna be bad

Jack my swag
I liked Lets go and Wolves but that was 13 years ago... It will most likely suck or have like 3 good songs (patchy and inconsistent, one of rancids best qualities)
Quote by hooligan07
i thought his solo album was better than most reggae or punk albums coming out now

True, but it still sucked.
ugh....rancid...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Guise im gnna gt da nw rncid albm da frst dy. Wat abt u?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
Guise im gnna gt da nw rncid albm da frst dy. Wat abt u?

took the words right out of my mouth
except you mispelled them
Quote by element4433

this.

however i pray that they'll put something good together
I don't know why everyone expects it to suck. So they put out one bad album, it happens. I personally expect it to be great. Or at least I really hope that it turns out great...
I thought Rancid was gonna break up cause didnt Lars have a stroke or something onstage?

Either way Rancid has produced good music throughout their career, i doubt their new cd will be anything new or really impressive, but just good old rancid music... Look what they said:

"In late 2007 we all spent a few weeks together writing in Utah at Unknown Studios. The chemistry has been incredible and this record has come together very organically. All of the songs were written with us all 4 together in the same room. We hung out at Brandens house and when it wasn't snowing we would play soccer, skate the ramp, and work on our UK Photobook. Sometimes we'd just sit back and watch a Johnny Cash or Social Distortion dvd. We enjoyed having an environment where we could just relax and write with no pressure or distractions. Some days the snow would come down so much that it created a real feeling of solitude, bringing us together. Each night when we'd go out to eat at the local restaurants it was interesting to have us all together out in such a conservative community. It was like Rancid dining with the Osmonds, that was pretty much how it felt.

In early Jan 2008 we started recording the 7th Rancid record with producer Brett Gurewitz (who has produced 4 previous Rancid records). It's coming along great and we're deep into it at this point still currently tracking. With an expected release in June 2008, we are working hard and very proud of what we've done so far. We will post more info, videos and photos from our writing and recording sessions soon!"

If they're proud of what they've done it can't be that bad...
I'm not going to say it's going to be good or bad but I will give it a shot when it comes out.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by mrwaffles
I don't know why everyone expects it to suck. So they put out one bad album, it happens. I personally expect it to be great. Or at least I really hope that it turns out great...

Correction:
Quote by mrwaffles
So they put out a ton of bad albums, they just suck.

Yo...
devourthekitten, i love you.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Page 1 of 2