Page 1 of 2
Can everybody just cut it out with all this "666" crap and Satan stuff? It's not metal, it's cheesy and distasteful. If you truly believe in Satan, then why the hell (pardon the pun) would you like him? If you don't (probably most of you 666 people) then it's stupid. If you truly want metal to stop being stereotyped as Satanistic or corruptive, then stop touting it! Besides, 777 is a much cooler number.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
I love metal. I listen to Opeth, Slayer, Tool, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth, Sonata Arctica, Meshuggah, and so on. But the biggest piece of black clothing i own is my Tux, and I don't even believe in hell as being a damning place (i believe more in the norse legend of valhalla). People who are all like "666 dood!" are just posers trying to look metal while listening to crappy mallcore stuff.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
i just like the number 666 they are lucky for me. but im not a metalhead or anything.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Exactly. For professional guys, like Kerry King, it's a gimmick to attract the wannabe metalheads.
Dude, Iron Maiden is the only band allowed to use 666 in a band. I believe it's a bit copyrighted, you know?

Seriously, that song kicks so much ass. And it's based on the famous piece "Tam O' Shanter"
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.

In my defense, I made this account while I was still one of those retards.

Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
The Number Of The Beast isn't a satanic song. It's about a guy who sees a satanic ritual. Nothing more, nothing less...okay, a little more. He becomes interested in it. The song never preaches satanism.
Quote by Slaytanic6606

In my defense, I made this account while I was still one of those retards.

Same here I dont even play much metal anymore.
nope, sorry
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by mrwaffles
The Number Of The Beast isn't a satanic song. It's about a guy who sees a satanic ritual. Nothing more, nothing less...okay, a little more. He becomes interested in it. The song never preaches satanism.

O_o...

Did you read that before posting? Or, was your goal to be contradictory?
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Kid Fisto
I (i believe more in the norse legend of valhalla). f.

valhalla is for fallen warriors there is a hel (pretty sure thats the spelling) and thats for everyone else
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
I believe people are entitled to their beliefs but I don't get why one would worship the deity Satan.....Most Satanists don't actually worship the Christian deity....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Honestly, who gives a flying ****? mind your own ****ing business, if you dont like the number 666, nobody cares and nobody wants to hear how much you dont like it, so instead of spamming with ridiculous and pointless rants, make an actual argument, I like the number, I like the way it looks next to my name, got a problem with it? Oh well too bad buddy.
Quote by BladeSlinger
I believe people are entitled to their beliefs but I don't get why one would worship the deity Satan.....Most Satanists don't actually worship the Christian deity....

Right. Modern Satanism is atheistic, it just places stress on earthly pursuits of pleasure. The Satan thing is just kind of a Buy One Get One free deal.
Quote by bendystraw
im all about 42.

the meaning of life owns the number of the beast
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Quote by gilbs73
the meaning of life owns the number of the beast

it is actually the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything. not the meaning of life. or liff, for that matter. we have no clue what the question is so we cannot know really call it the meaning.
Quote by mrwaffles

Actually, as steve harris explains, it was about a bad dream he had about seeing one. The rest is true.
Quote by bendystraw
im all about 42.

agreed

And honestly, TS, if you let posers get to you, then they've won. They want to be seen as cool by the ignorant, and love to piss off those who are true. So, just ignore them. They're only doing it to be attention wh0res anyways.
Yeah, but the rock and roll is devil music! Gospel choirs is Christian Music. Therefore:
Devil > Christ.
I like the Number 666, why? cause to me it's no longer a staple of religion, it's a staple of metal now, everyone still related it back to satan, which is false, it was mistranslated, the actual number is 999, and "the beast" is really Emperor Nero, named so because of the evil things he did to early christians. Therefore 666 = Metal, not actual Satan. Besides, I don't even believe in Satan, he's more of an idea than an actual Diety
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
ghey...
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I can't agree anymore with the OP, definitely one of the things I hate is people tell me that I can't possibly be someone who listens to metal because I don't dress in black/worship Satan/etc. I'm not saying that you can't listen to metal if you do that, but I hate when people make a generalization like that.

WARNING, RANT INCOMING.

Seriously, I know this post is about the "666! I'M SO METAL." idiocy, but since when did music become something where you have to fit yourself into a stereotype? (Yes, that sentence sounds bad, I just can't think of another way to word it better.) Seriously, **** all these stereotypes and let people listen to what they want to. It's about enjoying the music. It's not about how cool you look listening to it and acting "metal".
IIIIIII
Quote by daytripper75

exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title.

On topic, to each his own. Someone wants to idolize a number that means nothing, I really don't care.
R.I.P Bellamy
Feb. 6th. National Bellamy Day -Remember the day the pit was one.

SET UP:
Epiphone G-400
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire

Marshall MG Series 10CD

Boss ME-50
Last edited by Soadrocks925 at Jan 28, 2008,
666+111=777 Omg Omg

honestly, who gives a a dam its just a number
I see no sign of fortress.
satanism is interesting, not the belief itself, but how wrong people are about it. everyone assumes a satanist is some sort of nutcase evil person. but really, satanism is has more integrity than christianity. because satan is the fallen angel o whatever, he got kicked out of heaven because he was the incarnation of human nature. so why is it bad to worship/follow/whatever the most human guy to ever allegedly exist? as opposed to following the least human, and therefore the most perfect being ie christianity. also, in latin, lucifer means "bringer of light" or something. so i dont know where all the black clothes and **** came from
Quote by awesome-o
satanism is interesting, not the belief itself, but how wrong people are about it. everyone assumes a satanist is some sort of nutcase evil person. but really, satanism is has more integrity than christianity. because satan is the fallen angel o whatever, he got kicked out of heaven because he was the incarnation of human nature. so why is it bad to worship/follow/whatever the most human guy to ever allegedly exist? as opposed to following the least human, and therefore the most perfect being ie christianity. also, in latin, lucifer means "bringer of light" or something. so i dont know where all the black clothes and **** came from

you just said satan was a fallen angel and then you said he was the most human guy ever to exist. wtf? angels arent human.
I see no sign of fortress.
he was the epitomy of human nature, thats why he got turfed. or soemthing like that
Quote by awesome-o
he was the epitomy of human nature, thats why he got turfed. or soemthing like that

Interesting. I heard it was because he wanted to be more powerful than God.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Page 1 of 2