hey,
i have been wondering if i should get a kill switch installed on my guitar.
my friend has one and says i should to.

but i know that there are 2 kinds of switches, so which one should i get?

Thanks,
Trëv
killswitches are kind of a waste of money. If you want your guitar to go silent, just turn the volume down and remember where you had it, and if it's in the middle of a song, just mute the strings with your hand like everyone else. Imo, it's no big innovation, and not worth the effort.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
killswitches are kind of a waste of money. If you want your guitar to go silent, just turn the volume down and remember where you had it, and if it's in the middle of a song, just mute the strings with your hand like everyone else. Imo, it's no big innovation, and not worth the effort.

Really?
Buckethead?
Tom Morello?

i dont think you could pull off those effects without a killswitch or turning one pickup off and switching quickly between on and off.

Anyways i would with a button like buckethead because i think it'd be easier to play rhythms

Idk, my 2 cents...
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by cashewchaching

Killswitches are extremly simple for someone even with basic knowledge of wiring and sodering. It involves wiring two wires from the volume pot to a toggle switch, button, etc. (all less than $10 at radio shack)
they are fun. I put one in today, and it took a while but that was only because I accidently unsoldered a tricky wire and it took ages to get back on

I had never used a soldering iron before, and it was really simple. all together it cost about AU$20
Quote by cashewchaching

yeah not really...
but get the button if your purpose is for rythem parts as said before
but with the switch you can leave it off if just turning your guitar off is your objective.
I went with switch
looks nicer, not this obnoxious red butten.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Killswitch Thread. Now.

*reported*
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."