lol i have a 12 string bass and wondering
if anyone has any tips for me?
i used to play 8 string, but just moved to 12!!!

Thanks,
Trëv
OMG Pics?

Id use alternate techniques. Two handed synchronized tapping, a lot of slap bass, and whatever! Its your, so experiment
poast PICKZ
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Pictures Please, I Worship You And I Want One How Much Did You Spend?
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Arg.... you know he's talking about a 12-string, with 4 courses of strings, 3 strings per course? A root and 2 octave strings? Like Pearl Jam and Cheap Trick?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5fYwiXZeFU

theres an 11 string playing super mario bros and wow........ twelve string bass... i dnt even like bass but i respect you
 [color="Navy"]_____         _____ _          _ _____   _     [/COLOR] 
[color="Blue"]|  _  |_ _ ___|   __|_|___    _| |  |  |_| |___ [/COLOR] 
[color="RoyalBlue"]|     | | |_ -|__   | | -_|  | . |  |  | . | -_|[/COLOR]
[color="Cyan"]|__|__|___|___|_____|_|___|  |___|_____|___|___|[/COLOR]

that is the sex
People, people, does "I used to play 8 but now moved onto 12" mean ANYTHING to ANYONE here? You think it's just a coincidence that he went from 8 to 12 and not, oh, 7 to 13?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, it's rare to see a 12-string with an owner, but they're readily available from Hamer and Dean as well as OEM companies on eBay for dirt cheap prices.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
why are people acting like basses with more than 4 strings are ridiculously rare? or that they make you any better of a bass player? or that you can't easily find one on google?

and to the guy who said "i don't even like bass, but because of this i respect you" thats just idiotic, plain and simple, more strings does not make you play any better (no offense to the TS in any way, i don't know your paying ability at all)
^Pretty much.

However, assuming the TS is actually asking for advice and not just bragging about his alleged 12 string (which is either a Dean, Galveston, or Tennessee/Starfire).

Pressing on the strings evenly is very important. You don't want them to bend differently and start sounding dissonant. Make sure you use proper left-hand technique, using your thumb as an anchor, 1 finger per fret, with fingers parallel to the frets. That'll make the notes sound much less dissonant.

As far as picking, I really suggest you use a pick. It's built for downstrokes with a pick (with the octave strings being above the root notes). Yeah, the "USE A FLAT EQ AND STAND IN THE SHADOWS AND USE FINGERSTYLE ALL THE TIME" group will say you can use fingers, but it's just not economical, especially with the 2 octave strings after the thickest string.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I must say it... Pics or it didn't happen. I think it'd be fun to run it through an ovtacizer or synthesizer pedal. Try some different techniques to see what you like.

check out all they videos on youtube
they dead serious about thuggin like that
if you ask me they are fruity
an i hope one morning they drown in there fruit loops