I was wondering if the day after a rigorous practice, if anyone experienced muscle weakness. Yesterday i played i guess what could be considered a rigorous day, and today i was in school and noticed i had a hard time writing. I tried to make a fist, and my arm felt weak (compare it to when you first wake up in the morning, and you try and make a fist, it feels liek the arm is really tired). I couldn't even write right, i was writing all sloppy because my hand felt weak. I went to PE my next period and played basketball for about 40mins and it felt like normal, i could make a fist no problem. I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if it should be anything to worry about.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
I was wondering if the day after a rigorous practice, if anyone experienced muscle weakness. Yesterday i played i guess what could be considered a rigorous day, and today i was in school and noticed i had a hard time writing. I tried to make a fist, and my arm felt weak (compare it to when you first wake up in the morning, and you try and make a fist, it feels liek the arm is really tired). I couldn't even write right, i was writing all sloppy because my hand felt weak. I went to PE my next period and played basketball for about 40mins and it felt like normal, i could make a fist no problem. I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if it should be anything to worry about.

Well, usually the next day I wake up after a long period of guitar playing from the previous day, my hand is all healed and ready to go. But you may heal slower etc. You could have slept on your hand or whatever. If this problem keeps persisting, maybe get it checked.
Be cool.
i just played a show a week ago and my index finger was sore for two days before (felt like arthritis in the joint) after the show my index finger spasmed and i couldn't open that finger for a good 12 hours (it curled up into my palm)...moral of the story, let your muscles relax
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Actually it sounds like somewhat of a tendon problem, was it you picking hand or fretting hand? If it was your picking hand it probably was a muscle problem, but if it was yor fretting hand, it was most likely a tendon problem. That would happen if you practiced too much without small breaks here and there, anyway like previously stated if it persists see a doctor about it.
I know a pretty good exercise for forearm/wrist strength.

Yeah.

j/k Like they said, if it persists see a doctor, then take a look at how you're playing and see if your technique is whats causing pain. Such as wearing your quitar too low and having to bend your wrist too far to play.