today i was playing my guitar and when i tried to do a bend on the 17th fret on the high e and it makes like a sqeaky/ not clean sound....
has anyone had this problem?
yea, you need to raise your action, what kind of guitar do you have, mroe specifically what kind of bridge?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
yea, you need to raise your action, what kind of guitar do you have, mroe specifically what kind of bridge?

what exactly is the "action" ? haha im a noob and its like an SG copy
action is how high the strings are off the board, so you have a stop tail...?
action is the string height from the fret board.
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/action.htm
it should be the "Gibson style hard tail", or Tuneomatic, follow those instructions.
Personally when i adjust my strings, i make them so low, that when you fret the 22 fret on the two E strings (the top string and bottom string) that string are hitting the bridge pickup, then i slowly raise my strings so that it doesnt hit the pickup anymore. This gets my strings REALLY low for faster playing, and i have no problem with dead frets or bending problems. Any questions post here, sorry if my explanation is for ****,.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
action is the string height from the fret board.
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/action.htm
it should be the "Gibson style hard tail", or Tuneomatic, follow those instructions.
Personally when i adjust my strings, i make them so low, that when you fret the 22 fret on the two E strings (the top string and bottom string) that string are hitting the bridge pickup, then i slowly raise my strings so that it doesnt hit the pickup anymore. This gets my strings REALLY low for faster playing, and i have no problem with dead frets or bending problems. Any questions post here, sorry if my explanation is for ****,.

ohh okay thanks it helped me alot!
I actually have several dead frets on my guitar... all over. How can i fix this?