What are some studio-quality guitars that I could get used for around $500?

I'll be running through a Marshall JCM900 head with a Marshall 1960B cab and a MXR Phase 90 and Vox Wah. I play/record rock, alternative, and punk music.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
any guitar you want??
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
any guitar you want??

i beg to differ...
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by Ghold125
get a epipy les paul?

tried that with a buddy of mine's.. did not go well.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Any sounds you want to come close to? Any shapes, lengths, neck types? What bridge do you want? I would recommend an Ibanez SZ320; it should do most things reasonably well, especially with a pickup change.
Quote by Ghold125
get a epipy les paul?

Or an sg?

Or buy an ibanez, all three have good quality and aren't that pricy.
Schecter makes good stuff and isn't that expensive. Edwards Les Paul? Les Paul Copy?
Quote by ameer
Any sounds you want to come close to? Any shapes, lengths, neck types? What bridge do you want?

I just want a good sound, lol. I don't really have any bands I want to "sound like" with my recording.. I prefer short necks like Peavey Wolfgangs (my choice thus far).
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...